T h i r t y s e v e n

T H I R T Y  S E V E N

「  T  H  I  R  T  Y  S  E  V  E  N  」

:

Scarlett had slept through the day until noon the next. Harley hadn't left her side once. Only when she had to. She'd caught joker striding through the hall earlier on back from a night of drinking and from her own drawn conclusion plotting his next heist.

Harley left Scarlett side to talk to him. She didn't care if she put him in a crankier mood than the one she had been trying to calm him down from when Scarlett has arrived back him.
Harley wanderer towards his office not bothering to knock as the door was swung wide open. Her eyes finding the familiar gift of bright green hair sticking up from his seat at his desk. His hair messily tossed to the side as he leant against his armrest, his fist enclosed resting against his cheek, his thumb resting below his lower lip.
"If you're here to analyse me again Harls you can leave already I'm not in the mood." He grumbled turning in his chair. His dark eyes looming over her as she walked further into the room. " Why would i want to do that? Why would I want to waste my time?" Her arms folding across her chest, her futile attempt to act disinterested wasn't so flawless as she assumed. She always was easy to read for Joker. Even when they first met she was a young and optimistic psychiatrist. She was naive even back then. " There would have been a time where that would put a smile on my face Harls. That of so familiar sarcasm you used to have." Joker words enticing Harley back into her old ways. But she'd grown  since then. She wasn't as naive as she used to be. She knew his little game of manipulation very well. It just irritated her that she was so foolish to have fallen for it back then. "Nice try J. I'm not here for a loving trip down memory lane." A small smile crept at jokers lips as she had fallen right where he'd wanted her to. That was the thing about Harley, she was just so easy to get inside of. He knew her every move her every thought. He knew that deep down she still loved him, that she still had that soft spot for him. As much as he tried to deny it he had it for her. He thought it was just lust after all they did have fun together and she did see him in a way. She listened but only to the things he wanted her to.
It got to the point that joker didn't even know which story he told her was true. She'd helped him forget things he wanted to forget but she'd also managed to manipulate him into his own manipulation. Just that Harley was easier undone than him. But now Harley has a soft spot for someone else and Joker didn't know how to feel about it, as that someone also had a part of him inside it.

" Well Dr Quinzel. Oooh been a long time since you've been referred to as that." A spark of excitement light in his hellish eyes, his silver coated teeth spreading into a sinister smile. The look in his eyes highlighting his darkening features. "Quit the crap Joker and listen." Harley snapped banging her hands down onto the chipped polished desk. " What did you do? I know you've done something otherwise you wouldn't break your promise."

Some would say Harley bark was worse than her bite. Others would disagree especially when it came to her Puddin. But now that has changed, she was willing to fall back into her old sinister ways if that meant protecting her daughters sanity. The anger in her voice triggering a small thought of satisfaction to Joker but even though he'd never admit it, it hurt him. "WHAT DID YOU DO." She screeched thrashing her hands across the desk knocking over anything that she came into contact with. " You swore!" She screamed pointing an accusing finger in his direction " You swore you'd protect her!" Her hands finding her scalp as she pushed it out of her eyes. " Look at her! She's in the room down the hall unconscious! I know you've made some sort of deal but why! How many times do I have to prove that she is yours? What do I have to do that I haven't done!" Harley's voice cracking as she began to pace before him. Frustration raging through her bones as she began to tremble and shake. Jokers keen eye following her figure as she screamed at him, destroyed his office in her chaotic flare that she radiates when she's beyond angry. All he did was sit there with that calculated smile slightly aroused at the woman's frustration. " Answer me!" She screeched until all of a sudden she stopped. Realisation sinking  in to those baby blue eyes. Her mouth slowly falling a gale letting her bottom lip fall into her infamous pout. "Penguin. You made a deal with penguin....b-but what sort of deal! What does it have to do with Scarlett?" Her frustrations only agitating more and more, without realising her voice cracked in and out of sanity. Until she realised. Her eyes snapping towards his. The familiar look of anger fuelled rage glistening as the words fell out of her mouth.
"Fuck you."