S i x t e e n

S  I  X  T  E  E  N

「  S  I  X  T  E  E  N  」

:

Training with Kat became a daily occurrence. We started to develop a bond. One that Jake was skeptical of.

Scarlett rose early at daybreak, tip toeing around Jakes room became an everyday task. But it didn't take long for Scarlett to slip up.

It had been a month after her aunts death. Scarlett was officially living as part of the Hernandez family. The family had welcomed her with open arms, yet they didn't know the dangers that the were opening themselves up to. Her aunts funeral coming up in a few weeks. Scarlett refused to let the funeral happen until she was safe. On edge Scarlett snapped returning from a training session with Katrina, Jake had caught her. He'd caught her in her small room attempting to hide a blade that Kat had given her, along with a small bag of old clothes, specifically designed to withstand close up combat. Not the gym attire that Scarlett had said she had given her.

" You lied to me" Jake bellowed as he shut Scarlett's door, his fists clenching as he tugged at his own hair. " How could you lie to me?"

"Jake—I—I didn't mean to—I planned to tell you—." I stuttered holding back tears that threatened to fall.

I knew I'd have to tell him soon. But I didn't want to tell him this soon. I knew he wouldn't agree with what I was going to do.

" You can't go after them—Are you insane" he growled the anger in his face frightening me. His lightly toned arms tensing showing off a strong line of veins popping up at the surface.
" You're going to get hurt"

" Jake—please just liste—."i pleaded as I clutched a hold of his hand.

" No" he seethed glaring down at my small frame " You don't understand what you're getting yourself into. You are putting yourself more in danger."

" No you listen" I screamed standing up a little bit straighter. My teeth forcefully gripping my bottom lip. " This is my fight. I made this decision. By me being here I put you and your family in danger. This is my way of fixing things—this is the only we I can fix all this—this crap." I shouted my tone harsh as Jakes eyes burned the same flames as mine.

I know he means well. He just wants to protect me and his family. But I'm not a little girl who needs someone else's protection.

" Scarlett you aren't thinking straight. You are going to get yourself killed."

" That's only a small possibility Jake. Kats trained me so that—." " Oh Kats trained you." He scoffed cutting me off. His voice dry and humourless " Oh that makes everything better because Kat trained you. Kat the girl who's apart of that sick messed up world—."