T w e n t y N i n e

T W E N T Y N  I  N  E

「  T  W  E  N  T  Y   N  I  N  E  」

:

Heart pounding in my chest, bare feet hitting the cold ground.

Slap
Slap
Slap

The numbness beginning to blanket them as I hurried aimlessly towards some form of exit, anything! Tears threatening to fall as I blindly ran from door to door, fumbling for any sign of relief.

What had I just done
How could I have done that.

I killed a man. An innocent man.
Maybe he wasn't so innocent? He's with the joker all this man does is evil, he causes pain and corruption wherever he goes.

Frustration my main dictator ruling my mind as I stumbled towards a worn metal door. Fingers shakily shoving it open with a satisfying click throwing my self through the other side, slamming it shit behind me. My back resting against the bitter metal in attempt to offer myself solitude.

With my back against the door, body slumped it was then I began to realise the prick of bitter wind causing the hairs on my arms to be on pin prick edge. The bitter wisps of wind ruffling strands of my hair, letting them whip softly against my neck, cutting down with a sharp thwack against my forearms.

My chest beginning to rise and more in more heavy ragged breathes as I glossed over my surroundings, arms clutching themselves for any linger of warmth. The draft coming from the large industrial winds cracked into a shattered mess.

Industrial battered wooden crates stood tall, stacks upon stacks barricading the walls like a maze growing thicker and thicker. The inked words on the sides smudged with dust or the use of a messy ink. A few cracked upon like duck eggs revealing their insidious fruits of destruction and sin.

But situated inside all the chaos itself was that damn car.

Of course it would be in the centre,
Joker has to be centre of attention,
The eye of the storm.

There it rested upon all its unholy glory. Perfectly polished to perfection. The metallic chrome reflecting it's infamous purple glow that stretched out from beneath it. Clutching everything in its path consuming it.

Standing to my feet I rose from my crouched position against the door. My eyes blurring the closer I got to the car.

It wasn't until my fingertips brushed the reflected metal to realise the salt like stains gathering upon my rosy stained cheeks.