F i f t e e n

F I F T E E N

「  F I  F  T  E  E  N  」

:

After meeting Katrina in the gym we set some ground rules. We would only train after school in the schools gym. We wouldn't speak of it in public or in front of peers.

It was difficult trying to keep my secret from Jake. It had only been two days of training with her. Jake knew I worked out with her just not the reason why. I know if he knew he'd try talk me out of it. That this was all jokers plan.

Kat had let me in on some information she stole from her mother whilst she was snooping around.

She found out that Joker has been gathering up gang after gang recruiting them for his own personal gain. Kat thinks this could be something big as he just doesn't do things for his own personal pleasure. He likes to have power, and he will do anything to take it.

Kat also leaked that she heard about Harley. How she's been worried that she's lost me forever, how she regrets this lifestyle. That she wants to start over.

—Too little, too late.

" Jake I'll be fine. I'm staying back at the gym with Katrina." I said as we walked through the schools hallways.
The lingering eyes on me still made me want to run and hide. Still made me feel like people could see through my facade.
" You're always at the gym? You've been going there the past two days." He groaned stopping in his tracks slight, reaching for my forearm. " Is there something you're not telling me?" He asked raising one of his perfectly defined bushy  brows. " Is it a cute gym boy?"

" God no—I'm just—I'm just channeling all my anger and mourning into something productive. There's no boy Jake." I groaned sounding embarrassed.

Why would Jake assume it was a boy that I was working out for and going the gym. Why would someone do that?

" Good—." He sighed, almost sounding a little too relieved. " At least I won't have to beat some guys ass if he hurts you—."

" Jake—No" I interrupted shaking my head, trying to hide the embarrassment flooding to my cheeks.

" Alright. Just give me a call when you need picking up. I-I just don't want you to be alone and then something-."

" Jake, I'll be fine. I'll call you, now go leave an impression on the couch for your mother to complain about doofus." I joked trying to hide the guilt in my eyes.

I hate lying. It was always something I was bad at. But now it seems to be the only thing that can provide me with some relief, privacy.