T w e n t y S i x

T  W  E  N  T  Y S I X

「  T  W  E  N  T  Y   S  I  X  」

:

The hum of LED lights hanging over head began to stir me into consciousness. The vibrating sound of metal pipes in use making me question my surroundings.

My heavy eyelids failing to open as the numbing spell of unconsciousness began to wear off.

Reality swiftly blanketing me in it's horrific clutches. The uncomfortableness of lying on a cold stoic metal slab making me more aware of the twinging torment of my aching body.

My heavy eyes slowly opening to not even a subtle crack of light. The hum of the dim lights behind me not providing me with any comfort. The dim light casting menacing shadows across the only parts of the industrial bricked room.

The taunting shadows casting sickening silhouettes of jaggered blades, rusted saws and other tantalising weapons of torture behind me.

The distant memories of the funeral flickering in my mind. Them—they where there.

Panic settling in as I tried to sit up. The binds holding down my arms sending my beating heart into cardiac arrest.

No. No. No.

A small solid barred up window, sloppily painted bricks coated in dirty white paint, flacking off the bricks accompanied by stains of something I was hoping it wasn't.

That's when my eyes saw it.

The large studio style light positioned right above my head. The silver polished tray sat upon a rusted old dolly trolley the type you see in hospital. Laid out perfectly, all in a row.

My mouth growing dry as I realised the racks covering the walls. Countless blades of all shapes and sizes, all with a different purpose to the one beside it.

All perfectly sharpened and groomed to be clean and precise in dismembering; muscle from flesh, skinning flesh from bone.

The sickening thoughts twisting my stomach into knots.

My fearful glossy eyes staring dead at the faint red light in the upper most corner. The light flickering on and off.

A camera.

*click*
The faint sound of the door creaking open thriller my heart into s sickeningly fast rhythm. The slightest bit of fear shrouded in a clouded mist of courage.

The patter of his bare feet against the concrete flooring taunting me in anticipation. The soft click of a swift accompanied by a menacing hum signified his presence.

A burst of bright white light illuminated the room. My eyes snapping shut shielding myself from the fluid brightness. The brightness of the light causing me to wince as my eyes slowly cluttered open, hazy black blots circling my vision.