T w e n t y S e v e n

T  W  E  N  T  Y S E  V  E  N

「  T  W  E  N  T  Y   S  E  V  E  N  」

:

Harley's baby blue doe eyes gazed into my own. I couldn't even hear the softness of her words lulling me into putting the knife down.

Her fingers sifting squeezing my hands in a sympathetic manner until finally I realised the knife from my grip.

The clatter of the knife the only thing in the room being heard as Harley swiftly pulled me into a soft embrace smoothing down my hair as a few salty tears slipped from my eyes.

What was I doing? Why was I willing enough to plunge that knife into the Joker.

The more I raced through my thoughts the more I couldn't hear Harley comforting soft words. He'd tricked me. He'd gotten under my skin with his twisting lies. I'd walked straight into his trap, and that angered me.

My eyes raising from the floor I came to notice the shadowed figure glaring at us both.

Joker stood angrily the blade clenched in his hand with a stern emotionless stare. His jaw tightly clenched to the point I wondered if he'd smash his teeth by how much he had them gritted, possibly grinding against one another.

" Come on honey, let me take you to your new room." Harley uttered softly squeezing my shoulders as she walked me out the room, arms wrapped around me tracing her fingers through my hair.

The warmth from her body wrapping itself around my own as she urged me forward. Our footsteps muffled our distance noise as I drowned it all out.

The feeling of disappointment in myself rising with every step we took. Our bodies twisting and turning through halls passing multiple version of one singular door.

Soon enough Harley tore me from my thoughts towards one singular door.

"You're going to love it." Harley said cheerfully as she beckoned me inside. The soft click of the door opening taunting me as if my freedom was in reach.

The floor boards creaked blanketed in a various amount of carpeted rugs, fur, soft material all in a range of neutral colours contrasting the bleak featured wall of industrial worn down brick. The plain sloppily painted whitish grey walls one specifically draped in a dark ruby red tapestry with smudges of maroon, tangerine orange and deep crimson red.

A bewildered gasp escaping my lips as my fingers traced across the various pictures pinned to the wall.

"W-where did you—."
" I got them from the house. I thought maybe you'd-."
Harley sounded so chipper, excited almost as I stared at the specific pictures of various memories.

"Like them?" A darkened hunger growing in the pit of my stomach. A pathetic pitiful smile gracing my face.

Harley began to smile warmly getting the wrong end of the stick. Her smile soon falling as a certain sinister taunt to my laugh giving her a sickening realisation. A laugh she'd heard once or twice before.