T h i r t y T h r e e

T H I R T Y  T H  R  E  E

「  T  H  I  R  T  Y  T  H  R  E  E  」

:

Scarlett lay soundly underneath the bedsheets of none other than the spare guest bedroom in Bruce Wayne's manor once again.

Bruce stood gazing out the large window panes lost on thought. He couldn't believe his eyes when Damian brought the young girl into his home once again. He feared the worst, he thought through every possibility that she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But something in his gut proved to himself that he knew otherwise.

Bruce gave strict orders that no one except the Doctor was aloud into this room except himself, Alfred and the doctor.

Bruce heard the sound of the heart monitor frequency change by the slightest not before hearing the small movement in the bed beside him, glancing over his shoulder he saw the young girl start to regain her consciousness. Her long butterfly eyelashes began to slowly flutter open, slowly as if they were the heaviest thing in the world. The dark pools stared into his own as he offered a sympathetic glimmer of a smile.
"Try not to move to much" he uttered, his designer shoes shuffling against the dark wood flooring. " Your body is still recovering, you lost a lot of blood." His hand held out a small glass of water, one in which Scarlett took into her own dainty ones carefully.

Her doe like eyes didn't move once from his, her eyes hazy from just being woken up, but yet they still held some form of alertness but yet a sadness. Her cracked lips guzzled down the glass of water seeming to relieve her of the dryness in her throat. Placing the glass down carefully her attention was drawn to the IV drip slipped into her flesh, her fingers tracing over the small cut of her forearm before glancing down to her covered up leg, a slight wince escaping her swollen lip as she adjusted to the ache of her freshly bandaged thigh.

" You was roughed up pretty badly." Bruce began as he moved towards the beside, a worn out leather chair placed at the side of the small side table holding the now empty glass. " How are you feeling?" He asked, his elbows resting on his trousers as he stared into my eyes, an unnerving pool began to linger in my stomach.

He knows.

Scarlett's eyes fell to her palms as they rested on the softness of the thin bedsheet.

"You know don't you?" She asked pitifully, nerves beginning to swim through her very veins. " You know who I am—." Her eyes quickly shifting to his, his expression emotionless as he stared at her fragile beaten frame. " But I also know who you really are." The two of them staring into one another's eyes, neither of them knowing how the other was going to react, all except one thing, they both where deathly terrified of one another.