F i f t y F o u r

F  I  F T  Y F  O  U  R

「   F  I  F T  Y  F  O  U  R  」

:

"We've got to go." Grayson's long fingers grasping a hold of my forearm in attempt to tug me away. But I was far beyond finished with this conversation.
The thundering sounds of gunfire ringing in the air caught everyone's attention. The gunshots disrupting the intoxicating atmosphere turning it into one of peril and tension. People scurried out of the way as the men dressed all in black stormed the club. One in particular had his gun raised in the air firing another shot into the ceiling, this time shattering the glass of an over hanging light. The screams of the crowd nothing but ordinary as I moved to stand leaning over the balcony, Grayson and Penguin now by my side. "Any of your men?" I asked wearily side eyeing Penguin as he glared down at the intruders. " Unfortunately not." One hand clutching his cane and the other still holding his now almost empty glass of scotch. " They defientely aren't any of your riff raff." His comment warning a scowl to rest of Grayson's face as he checked his phone reading the message on screen. "We need to get out of here now." The two glancing at one another as there attention snapped down to commotion down at the bar. The man from earlier who'd held up the gun was now trashing the bar holding the clubs owned by the scruff of their collar, the mans whimpering pleads but background noise to the sound of screaming drunks scrambling to get out the bar.

Grayson's hand held mine as we scurried down the stairs of the club aiming towards the doors. Gunfire ringing in my eyes as a body collapsed onto the ground beside me. The victims blood splattering across the denim of my jeans. Stunned I glanced towards the sound of the gunfire, Grayson and I separating as the bustling crowd knocked us out of one another's grasp. My eyes landing on the end of a gun barrel held in the clutches of a scrawny middle aged man. Typical. I thought as I ducked down behind a fallen chair as he let off another shot. "She's here." He bellowed was I scrambled to my feet farting through the crowd. My hands pushing and shoving others out the way as Grayson called out my name before the clubs exit. Why couldn't we just have one calm night out without blood shed or being shot at.
The two of us ducking behind a booth as we reached one another. "Next time you suggest clubbing it's a hard pass." I sneered crouching taking a peak behind the booth. " You say that as if I enjoy being shot at." He laughed reaching into his waistband of his jeans pulling out a small switchblade. My eyes widening in shock as he pulled it out unsheathing the blade. " Are you always armed?" I asked ducking once again as a bullet collided with the wood of the booth we do nag splinters scattering in the air. "Aren't you?" His eyebrows furrowing together as he tackled down an on coming attacker. Their bodies mangling together as they brawled. Crawling across the floor I grasped a fallen glass tray tipping the broken shards from it onto the ground as I held it up almost as a shield running towards the door. "Gray time to go." I panicked pulling him to his feet tossing the tray like a frisbee towards the rather large brute of a man coming our way. The tray hitting him in square in the neck barely phasing him. The glimmer of anger in his eyes only halting his daunting footsteps for a second. The bellowing cry of pounding footsteps charging towards me ringing in my ears as his large hand reached for my neck, ducking out the way landing a sharp kick to his backside. Making him stumble forward, regaining his footing rather quickly, his large hand enclosed into a fist landing a right hook to my side not doubt leaving a bruise on my ribs. His hit winding me as he grasped a hold of the back of my neck dragging my head down towards a table, the side of my face meeting the ebony wood as a groan left my busted lip as he repeatedly smacked me down onto the broken table. the shattering of glass did nothing as it cascaded down his shoulders. Grayson behind him punching at his side knocking me from the brutes grasp. My sunken form landing on the rumbled remains of the broken table. Wincing at the throbbing in my head as I grasped a hold of the chair leg smacking another upside the head knocking them to the floor. " Get your scrawny ass out of here." Grayson spat as he grasped a hold of one of the men's fallen guns. " I'll cover your back now move." He snapped firing towards more of the on coming men. The club empty of party goers just leaving us and a disappearing Penguin. Nodding I scrambled towards the exit trying my best to ignore the throbbing of my right side and stinging of my busy lip. Blindly unaware of the body standing in the doorway, my feet stumbling due to the alcohol still lingering in my veins straight into the chest of another, their hands grasping my wrists tightly yanking one to the side twisting my right arm sickeningly.

Scarlett let out a muffled scream as she bit down on her bottom lip, the small cut bursting into a larger hole as blood poured from her lip now coating her teeth. Her tired hazel eyes glancing up towards the face of her attacker. Blood running cold as the fearful sense of familiarity over took her. Her eyes widening in horror as she stared up into his eyes. Her fingers trembling as her eye glossed. " You're dead." Was the only words she was able to conjure as she stared into his cold eyes. His sickeningly paler skin all too familiar as it reflected that of her own. His once toddler chocolate brown hair bleached to an unnatural almost dark platinum. His eyes emotionless as he stared down at her. His lips a small thin one almost as he opened his mouth to speak. " No. But you're going to wish I was." His hand realising hers as he shoved her side. Forcefully grasping her jaw clutching her chin in his grasp as he held her up against the door frame. " You're going to wish we'd both died in that vat." His angered voice frightening her as he screamed in her face, his salvia flying from his mouth as he smacked her head back forcefully. "You're dead." Was all she could muster up as tears began to fall from her eyes. " You died..." an anger filling her blindly as she began to fall into confusion. Nothing was making sense. Maybe she was just hallucinating right now. The alcohol had gotten to her.
The boy she presumed to be dead was torn from her body by the hands of Johnny as he and a few other henchmen stormed the building. Pulling her into the safety of a blacked out car hurtling back towards the safety of her bedroom.

Scarlett  sat within the quietness of her room. The lights all turned out as she sat staring at the photos scattered around her. The thoughts racing through her mind leaving her head in shambles as she clutched either side of her head tugging at her hair. A frustrated cry leaving her lips as she stared at the scattered photos. Some brandished in burn marks at the corners from where she'd tried to destroy them. As much as she wanted to rid herself of the memories these images held she couldn't do it. Everything she'd felt came rushing over her like a storm out at sea. Her body trembling as she wretched out angered sobs unable to control herself no more. All the emotions she'd suppressed for so long coming to the light. Her angered cries echoing around the safe house leaving those closest to her to wince as they heard the young girl becoming undone. Harley Quinn standing outside her daughter door fearful for the girl who steps out from behind it. The joker in his study standing before a line of his men shouting into thin air before the sound of gunfire fills the air leaving behind a mangled cry as blood splatters the wall.