Surrogate Mother

How are my parents gonna react when they see four extra faces? Okay, five if you include Lockdown. They're probably gonna flip, and I'm gonna be the one who gets yelled at.

But I don't care, these kids are safe, and I'll be the one to take care of them. I gave them a little more food because they're all so skinny, I'm really surprised that they're still alive. I'm also relieved.

"This might be a weird question, but what year do you think it is?" I ask Elena.

"1020 AD." She said.

OH MY GOD...She's been down there for nearly a GENERATION! How could she have survived that long?

"And you, Jerome? What year do you think it is?" Jerome smiled.

"I think it's the year 1845, ma'am." He said. Okay, over a century. That's still bad.

"And you two?" I ask Travis and Gale.

"We think it's 2000." They said. 16 years...

"Um, you're all wrong... It's 2016." I said sadly. Their eyes widen.

"What? Where are our families?" Jerome asked. I give him and Elena a sad look.

"I'm so sorry but, they're deceased." I say. They need to know, I can't believe that I'm telling them this.

They look with such sadness and shock, and they both started to cry. I go over to them and they hug me tightly, I hug them back while trying to calm them down.

"I'm so sorry, if I can, I'll find a way to get you all back to where you belong." I said. They all look at me with hopeful eyes,

"You will?" They all say.

"Of course. You need to be with your true families." I said, Jerome and Elena hug me tighter.

"Thank you so much." Elena said. I smile as I hug them a little tighter.

"You're all very welcome. But until I find a way, you can stay here if you'd like. We have plenty of room." I said.

It's true, this place has at least 8 guest rooms. So housing four kids shouldn't be too hard, not guaranteeing anything though.

But the bots are another story. Speaking of the bots, Hound came out of the media room while pinning Lockdown's arms behind his back.

"Sky, what do you want to do with-" Hound stopped when he saw the children.

The kids screamed at Lockdown and hid behind me, they're beyond terrified. Lockdown flinched when they screamed.

"Leave us alone! We did nothing!" Travis said frightened. Lockdown looked confused.

"What are you talking about? I don't even know who you are." He said.

"Stop being a big meanie to them, Lockdown! You're scaring them." I say, while trying not to crack up.

"A what?" Lockdown asked. I started laughing,

"I'm kidding, it's just a term kids their age use," I turn to the kids, "He's not the one who hurt you. There's an evil version of him." I say.

The kids still stay behind me, trembling. Whatever Evil Lockdown did to them, it was really bad to have them this scared.

"Lockdown won't hurt you, right?" I glare at Lockdown, who rolls his eyes.

"I won't hurt you, in fact, I can't do much of anything." He said. Hound jerked him, hard.

"What do you want to do with him, Sky?" Hound asked.