Chapter One

Introducing Mystic Flower, who at the time is on her way to a giant battle of Team Vanquish where she will encounter a plant who she hadn't seen in a long time. However, the zombies aren't backing down until they reach 50 vanquishes, and a certain plant gets injured terribly...what is in it for these plants? Who has the upper hand in this twisting, epic battle for 50 vanquishes? Why am I asking you all of these questions? Only Crazy Dave can tell...

Mystic Flower

Hi. I'm Mystic Flower.

I'm a well known healer in L.E.A.F, but I can also kill some zombies if I have to. I'm not afraid to show some stinky zombie what we plants are made out of.

I'm still learning, but everything is still the same. The plants that come and go, the ones who survive, the ones who don't. This is The Garden Warfare, and in The Garden Warfare, you always have to remember that we're a team. We stick together.

Our leader, Crazy Dave, is the one that holds us together. His methods are sometimes more than uncanny, like when he looses a bunch of purple chickens during a battle of Garden Ops, or when he announces that he is wearing twenty-five socks. Crazy Dave is our leader, and we don't serve him, we follow him, in the ways of a L.E.A.F agent.

This morning, I got up early from the soft grass I slept on last night for the battle plan meeting. A good agent is always on time... Or maybe an hour or two early, as Agent Pea likes to say, but I like to be several minutes early,

Here I am now, at the meeting. I cringe a little and listen.

"The first announcement is that I can't find my purple chickens again! Are there any volunteers to help find them?"

Chuckles and gestures are shared through the crowd. My petals quiver because they are picking up on the laughter.

Eventually, Shadow Flower, Frost Rose, Electro Citron, and Toxic Chomper volunteer to go and Crazy Dave tells them to get ready.

Typical morning meeting.
________________________________________________________________

The battle plan is simple.

Cactuses sniping from above at the rear, with their precise shots, the Sunflowers next, ready to heal and support, then the Peashooters, on rooftops and below, shooting down zombies and Chili-Bean bombing and Sombrero-Bean bombing large hordes of zombies as well as tombstones, the Kernel Corn at the front, with their Shuck Shots and Husk Hops ready to vanquish approaching zombies, the Roses spread out to support everyplant with their nasty little tricks like Time Snares and Goatifies, the Citron at the front with the Kernel Corn to provide shielding and support with their lasers and Peel Shield, and last of all, the Chompers spread out everywhere, ready to spit, burp, chomp, and eat zombies.

Me and the other Sunflowers take only some of our supplies, as Crazy Dave says that there will be supplies at the base we are defending. Or at least, the area we are fighting at.

My petals quiver in anticipation, nervousness brewing in my inner vines and I breathe very quickly, the throat of my central stem feeling dry and nervous.

When we get there, entering through the Portal, me and my friends, Camo Cactus, who I call Camo C for short, and Ice Cactus, head to the scouting point to scout for incoming zombies.

Me and Camo Cactus stand on the scouting point, ready, while Ice Cactus's frozen and frosty face is full of concentration as she drops Potato Mines around the area around us.

I've already activated my Rainbow Heal Beam, and I'm ready to plant a Heal Flower anytime soon.

"I'm going to use my Garlic Drone to scout. Will you watch over me?" Camo Cactus asks, her voice quivering slightly. I can tell that she's nervous.