Chapter Two

Toxic Pea's injuries are nearly fatal, and he is haunted by strange dreams of the one and only Dr Zomboss. What could they mean? Is there any hope for these plants?

Introducing Fire Pea, who is currently fighting at the same huge Team Vanquish as Mystic Flower. Enter his mind as he experiences his closest friend in a near-death condition, an exhilarating fight, and as all of these plants unite as one to be the first to reach 50 Vanquishes. Who will emerge victorious in this fight? The plants?

Or the zombies?

Fire Pea

"Fire Pea watch out!"

An All-Star releases an Imp Punt in my direction.

I Hyper out just in time, dodging the Imp Punt and launching a Sombrero Bean Bomb in the All-Star's direction and flee as the All-Star is blown up into the air seconds or so afterwards, and is vanquished seconds later.

Shaking my head, I use my Fire Pea Cannon to shoot an incoming Foot Soldier. It grunts and it's starts shooting me with its Z-1 Assault Blaster. I keep shooting it until it growls out and it drops dead to the ground and I do a little victory dance. I love to taunt these dumb zombies.

A Bandit Cactus shrieks as she falls down from a sniping point, hit by a ZPG. I watch as her eyes go dull, her body hitting the ground.

I can feel my eyes flare with anger. She could be revivable, but I can't be sure. The yellow revival sign hasn't appeared yet...and I hope she is. That zombie will pay.

I fire from my Fire Pea Cannon, a fire pea popping from my mouth and it hits the Arctic Trooper that launched the ZPG. It hits him square on, and lights him on fire. I continue to fire at him, and he drops down from the rooftop he's on and I feel satisfaction flooding through my vines.

"Rargh! Rargh rargh RAGH RAGH!" A General Supremo waves his arms in the air frantically, gesturing for the zombies to retreat. I blink and hear a familiar sound that signifies that 50 Vanquishes have been reached.

Grunting, yelling, and barking, the zombies retreat, and we plants taunt and cheer in victory.

We won.

We successfully reached 50 Vanquishes and succeeded in taking out most of their forces and now we can all rest.

My roots feel stiff from all of the running and jumping I've been doing. I don't feel too weak, but I've definitely lost some health.

I head over to the medical area, looking sadly at some of the injured plants and even those that have perished to join the other lost plants among the rainbows above us. I spot Mystic Flower, who is next to a Heal Flower and is healing...

Toxic Pea!

Oh no! What happened to him!?

I rush over to Toxic Pea, ignoring my own injuries, and my eyes widen in horror as I see him resting on the flower bed, and I stare at him, forgetting my own injuries.

Toxic Pea is one of my closest friends. We graduated up to L.E.A.F agents together, completed quests together, and defeated Gargantuars side by side. To see him like this instantly makes my head burn instantly. At least...burn more than it already does...because...it's...on fire...

"Fire Pea?" Mystic Flower looks up and her glowing eyes flit back to Toxic Pea. "You're injured."

"What happened to him?" I ask, touching a bruise on one of my fire pods.

Mystic Flower begins to explain what happened, and I can feel my flaming eyes grow wider and wider.

"Oh seeds... He could've died... I could've lost my best friend..." I whisper to myself, my fire pods covering my mouth in shock.