Chapter Twelve

Enter Agent Pea, who can't seem to get rid of a creepy ancient-sounding voice in his head. Can a certain Flower drag him out of insanity or will the young agent join his friends Fire Pea and Fire Flower in a knockout phase that seems eternal?

The peace is starting to waver a bit, with as plants are taken out one by one. Something dangerous is striking the plants from the inside...and it isn't good. Will Druid Rose ever discover the meaning to some of her visions?

Mystic Flower and Party Corn each have terrible nightmares which both involve plants they care about in danger. Is it a threat? And if so, from what?

Agent Pea

I crank my pods and let out a sly reloading Peashooter noise, ignoring the voice that is speaking creepily in my head. My central stem shivers and hardens at the voice, but I ignore it, and murmur a few Peashooter noises.

I tap my bow tie with my pod and settle under a tree, gazing up at the golden sunlight. It's something I do when I feel nervous or scared.

"Your mission is to die and perish. Do you accept?" The voice cackles.

I close my eyes really tight, placing my pods to the sides of my head and shake it, my inside roots and vines clenching.

"Go away!" I yell at it, fear nipping at my inner stems. I squint up my eyes in despair. "Please leave me alone!"

"Agent Pea?"

I nearly choke on my own aloe, and cough, shaking my head violently, and open my eyes to see Metal Petal, who looks at me with concern. I sigh in relief.

"Oh it's you." I mumble, nervously tapping my bow tie. "Can you um...go somewhere else? I think I need some alone time..."

"You're always alone." Metal Petal shakes her head. "Toxic Pea isn't here, Fire Pea is in trouble and Ice Pea is away on a mission and the other plants are all at Crazy Targets."

I mumble something and turn away, tapping my bow tie again. "I like to be alone. Why are you here?"

"I thought I'd keep you company. You seem lonely." She replies.

"Well I'm ok. You can go and...heal someplant that needs help or something." I mumble, struggling to ignore the voice in my head.

"I think you're the only plant that needs help right now." Metal Petal says softly. She strokes my black leaves on the top of my head and I tremble, trying to not prove that she's right.

"Come on. I'm not a dumb Browncoat. What is it?" She asks gently.

I hesitate, and tap my bow tie again nervously.

There is not Hypno-Flowering way that I'm going to tell her about the voice. She'll probably never talk to me again!

Then my eyes flit downwards.

I need to see Shadow Flower...she'll understand...

"Nothing." I mumble again, trying to to sound assuring. My inner roots cringe at my lie that covers up the truth and the voice laughs and cackles maliciously.

I let out a shriek and activate my Hyper, hearing Metal Petal call my name as I zoom away as fast as I can, but I don't look back, zooming and leaping ahead and not looking back, my inner vines filled with fear and trepidation; my roots cold and hard from my denial, and my central burning from a fire of flaring agony and a dark evil....I don't know if it's the zombies or...a threat...