Chapter Eight

Druid Rose and Party Corn get to know each other better through the fight. But behind her mask, she's hiding something...something that forms a rift between the two....

Fire Pea is injured badly after recklessly trying to avenge Fire Flower. Will he wake up? Or is he lost forever?

Fire Flower finally wakes up, only to find herself in....Zomboss's Mansion! Uh oh! Will she ever return to her friends and plants back on other side and return to a certain plant that needs her the most?

Fire Rose and BBQ Corn are finally talking again, but Fire Rose is still very tense and is hiding something. Dark visions are never a good sign...but what could they mean?

Toxic Pea is just recovering, but is breaking all over again on the inside after learning about his close friend's condition. Can Mystic Flower keep him from the despair and doubt that clouds his senses?

Druid Rose

"Party Corn wow you're pretty good at this."

I shake my head, watching Party Corn Blast zombies with his Party Busters. Future Cactus is sniping beside me, a wall of Tallnut Battlements in front of her as she charges her Future Shot or lets loose an assault of laser fire that do less damage.

"Thanks." He replies, and tosses a hot potato which releases his Butter Barrage.

I let loose my Toxic Volley, the attack crashing straight into S.H.R.I.M.P and he whines and drops to the ground.

"Nice shots." Party Corn compliments, and I smile behind my mask.

"Thank you." I respond and shake my wand, reloading my attack. Wow. A Kernel Corn complimenting a Rose? That's new.

Future Cactus charges up a shot and it slams into a Physician's head and he shrieks and is vanquished instantly.

"Wow Future Cactus..." I trail off. "Nice snipe..."

Future Cactus reloads, pumping her arms and I can hear the gears shifting inside of her. "Thanks Druid Rose."

I smile wider behind my mask and let out a sharp breath as I feel pain shoot through my stems and I see Captain Partyman aiming his attack straight at me. I hiss and gracefully float backwards and, letting out a disgusted grunt as I spot a drooling, fallen zombie on the ground, I inch away, smelling the rotten scent trailing from him.

Then I glare at Captain Partyman, feeling my eyes flare angrily. "Come here you grasshole-"

I feel someplant touch my shoulder and my eyes widen.

Party Corn meets my eyes for a moment, and he gives me a small nod and I back off, understanding. Party Corn grits his teeth and lets out a growl and snarls "Captain Partyman is mine." He pumps his party cobs angrily and starts blasting Captain Partyman without mercy, rage flaring through his eyes.

I nod, not at all shocked at Party Corn's anger and shake my wand. Captain Partyman is Party Corn's long old rival from Infinity Time...so it's no surprise that he wants to vanquish him.

I aim at the retreating zombies, letting loose my Toxic Volley once more, vanquishing a few Engineers as they try to flee on their Jackhammers. I narrow my eyes in concentration at my shots.

Please give us strength Mega Flower. I think as I hear Party Corn yell and I rush over to help him.

Alien Flower