Chapter Twenty-Two

"Surrender Author!" Zomboss barks. Around 1000 zombies stand behind him, Browncoats, Bucketheads, Zombie Heroes, and...more.

I gulp nervously.

"Ah......shit..."

I take a deep breath, and curl my lip, my eyes flitting from side to side as they try to decide on what to do.

Victory shines in Zomboss's eyes as he gazes at me.

"I'm not surrendering to you." I snap at him.

So the tables have turned. I sigh in my mind. Gosh darn it....

I don't want to...surrender to that...that...that jerk!

But I'm no plant. If I get shot, I'll probably die.

"Gee dang it fridge it frick it fudge it ugh!" I hiss in my brain.

"At least put the next part of the story in for the viewers." I roll my eyes.

"Already done." Zomboss says.

Uh...

"Fine. I give up." I roll my eyes. "I "surrender"." I snort.

"And if you start using your...author ...abilities...you'll be shot instantly. I want no more trouble for my zombies."

"Yeah yeah whatever. Can you just...I dunno get on with it?" I narrow my eyes.

"I WAS JUST GETTING TO THAT! Er...you...and you...and...you...."
________________________________

The next few hours were extremely boring.

Besides actually being touched by undead creatures, getting my hands tied behind my back and being thrown into a cell, basically all I've done is complain and ask endless questions and drive some of the zombies crazy. Or at least as crazy as zombies can get.

"How do you guys live here? Geez it smells. What is Zomboss's problem? Can't he just realize he's some crazy control freak that is a major failure? Are there any plants here? Did Zomboss put in the next part of the video for the readers? How old are all of you guys? Did you used to be humans?"

I only got empty stares and faces of confusion. In all honesty it humoured me, so I thought it was my only entertainment because I didn't bring my phone. Stupid. Me.

I hear some shuffling above me and I raise an eyebrow.

I hear some noises and then I narrow my eyes.

"Can you shut up?" I yell at the ceiling in my cell.

Annoyed muttering answers me and I sigh.

Suddenly, a popping sound echoes through the area. I hear a slight crack and twist my mouth thoughtfully.

"Um..." Is all I can say as another crack starts to split.

I dart to the corner of the cell as part of the ceiling collapses right in front of me. There's a very large hole on top of me now.