Chapter thirty Plants VS Gnomes Part 1

Druid Rose

"Please Druid Rose... you can't say anything to him. You know how stubborn Corn are; particularly him. You can't change his mind."

I let out a sigh of frustration, running one of my rose hands across my wand. It's dark, with many plants fast asleep on the soft soil and grass. No stars paint the late night sky tonight; everything is drowned in the seemingly everlasting twilight.

"What do you suggest I do then Mystic Flower?" Blinking, I meet her eyes and take off my mask, revealing my true face. "I do not care if he wants me to be involved in this or not. I already am because I have chosen to do so. I don't want him fighting to protect me... I want to fight WITH him to protect OURSELVES."
Mystic tilts her head. "I... I really don't know Druid Rose... I'm sorry... I can't think of any way to convince him otherwise..."

I lift my head slightly. "Perhaps... I can become a part of the plan without him knowing? Do what one group of plants cannot. Sneak in DEEP behind enemy lines and find out Gnomus's battle plan. Anything that could help us win this war against them. Surely, as one plant I could go to places you as a group cannot? And I will be much less noticeable." Then I flit my eyes to the side thoughtfully. "Isn't that what your mission is anyhow? It'd just be... an addition to the mission."
Mystic Flower's eyes flit downwards and she takes a deep breath. "I... that could work... there are reasons to believe a single plant would be more successful. You'd be less noticeable, and your magic is bound to come in handy if you ever get caught in a sticky situation... you could perhaps slip into rooms or chambers that we as a group can't due to our numbers... the only reason why we are taking a group is in case we run into Gnomes... Party Corn insisted that no plant can take on any Gnome or Gnomes alone, it's very dangerous."

I nod slowly. "I see... well, if that is how I can contribute, then I can do that." I flit my eyes back upwards, meeting her gaze once more.
Mystic Flower meets my gaze. "Druid Rose... it's a really dangerous mission... I'm confident in your abilities, don't get me wrong... I just... if anything happens to you, I would never forgive myself... and... and what about Party Corn..."
I sigh. "Mystic... you must have known prior to telling me this I would have done anything to participate in it."
Mystic Flower blinks. "I know. I'm not saying not to go on this mission with us. I'm saying that... you need to be sure you're willing to put yourself at this much risk..."
I don't hesitate with my answer. "Of course I am. Anything to protect L.E.A.F, and any plant."
Mystic Flower nods, touching my shoulder gently. "We leave at dawn tomorrow morning."
I take in a deep breath. "How will I come without Party Corn knowing I am there?"
Mystic Flower flits her eyes downwards. "When we enter the portal, I will go separately with you after everyone has gone to their position. From there, I'll have to leave you to do what you need to do."
I swallow. "Very well then"
A small smile appears on Mystic Flower's face. "I know this is a lot..."
"Whatever it takes in order to save plant kind." I murmur. Then I add softly "and Party Corn..."
Mystic Flower closes her eyes. Then she wraps her arms around me and hugs me gently. "Don't worry... we'll all make sure he's safe."
"It's just... he can be... he can be so reckless sometimes... regardless of the risks..." I whisper, hugging her back softly. "I'm afraid if it ever comes to a decision of sacrifice, he'll-"
"I'll make sure that doesn't happen." Mystic Flower replies firmly. "It won't ever come to that."
I swallow. "Let us hope so..."
  Mystic Flower doesn't reply. I know we are both thinking the same thing; we might not be able to control the outcome of casualties, no matter how hard we try. And out of every plant that's coming with us on the mission...
  Party Corn has the largest target on his head.

Party Corn
I squint my eyes as golden light invades my vision.
Grunting, I manage to open my eyes. It's the crack of dawn, with one beam of gold and orange sunlight managing to fight its way through the dusk.
I slowly rise, making sure not to wake any plant nearby. I take a deep breath and start walking towards where I'm supposed to meet Mystic Flower and the others.
  The plan is simple, but it definitely comes with its complications. A small group of plants will serve as a task force to infiltrate the Gnomiverse and find out whatever we can to help us in the fight against them. I'm anxious to discover what their plans are, and how they're gonna attempt to take us out.
I take in another deep breath. I haven't been in this universe for years. And the last time I was, all I did was lose. I lost Party Rose, I lost myself... what's worse is that the threat of being thrown into such a position of grief and defeat again frightens me.
  Spinning my cobs around slowly, I make it to the meeting place. Toxic Pea and Mystic Flower are there waiting for me along with Alien Flower, Electro Pea, Power Flower, BBQ Corn, Fire Flower, Fire Pea, and Plasma Pea.
Mystic Flower struts up to me slowly. Her eyes have lost their usual joyful glow and her gaze is dark and somber.
"We're all here." She says softly, flitting her eyes to gesture towards everyone briefly.
I nod, letting my eyes scan the group.
"Look guys..." I spin one of my cobs around again, using the other to move over some of my party husk. "I understand... this mission is crazy. It's reckless, it's dangerous. I ain't forcing you to do this with me... I needa know now, that you're one-hundred percent on board, and if you aren't then that's okay. So if any of ya wanna back out... now's the time."