Chapter Fourteen

Fire Pea continues to lie knocked out, having dreams and nightmares about Fire Flower. Will he ever wake up?

Driftwood Shores is being attacked for the first time in a long time...and the zombies are trying to destroy the Mega Flower, the main power source of the plants! Can the plants stop them before it's too late?

Metal Petal confesses her feelings towards Agent Pea, leaving Mystic Flower confused about her own emotions. However, a tragic death leads to her answers about them...

Fire Pea

"No! No! Don't!"

My roots gnarl up on the inside, my inner vines flaring with pain and my stems twisting in horror as I watch Fire Flower, Zomboss placing her in some kind of glass tubie thing. It's what Crazy Dave calls them.

"Stop it!" I growl, narrowing my fiery leaf brows. I fire my Fire Pea Cannon at the tube thingie, and the glass starts to crack, and then it shatters.

Fire Flower falls out and I scuttle over to her quickly, seeing a B sign appear as I revive her, slowly.

"Ah."

She rises from the ground, a golden light surrounding her and she smiles warmly at me, letting loose her Rainbow Heal Beam on me.

"Fire Pea." She says, the warmth in her voice making my central stem feel happy. "You're here!"

"I am." I reply, looking at my pods. "I can't just leave you."

Fire Flower laughs. "Come on."Lets go home."

Mystic Flower

I yawn, stretching my mystic hands, welcoming the golden sunshine as I smile happily, my inner stems and roots stretching, my inner vines starting feel a morning rush as I get up.

Toxic Pea's warm head is no longer against mine, his presence seeming distant and far away.

He must be training. I look at the morning sky and sigh sleepily shifting my petals as I rise, rubbing the sleep pollen from my eyes. Last night's dream...I can't seem to remember it...

"Ah." I strut towards towards the medical area, yawning.

I spot Metal Petal looking down solemnly to the ground, shaking her head.

"Hey Metal Petal." I smile but she's still frowning.

"Hey...." She sighs, moving her metal petal hands.

"Why so sad?" I ask.

"It's Agent Pea. I'm worried about him. And Fire Flower still isn't awake. And Fire Pea..." Metal Petal sighs.

"Of course you're worried." I sooth. "Just relax a bit. It's fine."

Metal Petal sighs, and then looks up solemnly to the sky, and then shuts her eyes tight and asks

"Mystic Flower..." Metal Petal trails off, heat rising to her metal face.

"Yes?" I ask, my inner vines feeling dull.

"I just....these..." Metal Petal mutters. "Actually it's silly. Never mind."

"Shhhh..." I soothe, stroking her central stem. "What is it?" I ask gently.

"I think..." Metal Petal sighs. "I think that..." She hiccups. Her petals tremble, making little clang noises. "I think that I...I don't know. I think I have feelings for Agent Pea but...but..." she shakes her head really quickly, embarrassment all over her face.