Chapter Twenty-Three

I feel something grab my arm and I stop running. It digs into my skin and I freeze.

"What the..." I start and I turn around, only to meet the eyes of a Conehead Zombie. It growls and leans into to sink it's teeth into my skin.

"HOOOOLY CRAAAAP!!!" I scream just as it bites into my arm.
______________________________

"Do you think she's ok?"

"A zombie bit her! Stupid Coneheads. What if she turns into one of them?"

"She won't. Rrrgghhh. Didn't Sunflower tell you over and over again that she cleansed the zombie venom from her before it spread everywhere?"

"I-yeah I guess..."

"I wish we knew how to cleanse the zombie venom before all humans except for Crazy Dave turned into zombies."

"Yeah..."

Slowly, one of my eyes open and I narrow them instantly. A sudden realization hits me and I shoot up from whatever I'm lying on.

"Where the hell am I!?" I yell and I feel something soft on my wrist.

"You're on the plant side of the Battleground." A soothing feminine voice replies gently. My eyes widen.

"A Sunflower!?" I gasp.

"H-H-how do you know my name?" She asks, backing away a little.

"Because I play as your character class on the Xbox!" I laugh and then gulp at her confused and shocked expression. Right....

"I mean...uh...what I meant to say was...um...you definitely aren't in a video game right now and...uh...I know your name because...because I'm the author and I just know." I reply, trying to sound as normal as possible.

"Oh ok!" The Sunflower laughs. "I thought that you were gonna say something ridiculous...like that we were created by game developers or something!"

Oh you have no idea. I snort with laughter in my head and grin at her and laugh.

"At least she's awake...and not a zombie." A Peashooter stares at me curiously. "So you're who Zomboss calls '"The Author"...."

"Yep! That's me." I smile at try to avoid the thought and fact that I almost got turned into a zombie.

"Do you really have author powers?" He asks.

"Uh...well if you call narrating things that affect real life then yes. I have author powers." I chuckle. "You're a Peashooter aren't you?

The Peashooter nods.

My eyes flit over to a Chomper and I grin.

"You must be a Chomper! Wow! I never got a good look at the one that helped rescue me, but wow! Your jaws are even bigger up close!"

The Chomper tilts his head sideways. Then he growls out. "Rrrrhmmm..."

"What happened to the two plants that rescued me?" I ask, turning to the Peashooter.