Special Chapter: Boss Hunt Brothers of Gnomus: Part 1

I let out a hiss of annoyance.

I'm so behind on this story, dammit.

Trials of Gnomus came out ages ago, and I still haven't finished.

I literally just started Trouble in Zombopolis.

I never even did Graveyard Variety...

Shaking my head, I place the Xbox One controller down on the couch as my game ends and I smile suddenly.

But I'm loving the new DLC...Frontline Fighters is pretty cool.

And it's almost hella freaking Christmas...oh yay and I have four tests this week, just jumping for joy. This chapter doesn't take place from where we were, it's completely random, so sorry the last cliffhanger won't be answered until later. For example, Druid Rose never talked to Chester Chomper and isn't in a dispute with Party Corn, Fire Rose and Agent Rose haven't been taken by the Gnomes, everything is practically normal it's just a part of a special chapter I made.

I glance back at the "Hunt Completed Sign" on my TV screen.

Then I smile. Well at least I have some inspiration now....it's kinda weird cause I'm literally just plunging it in the middle of the story...but this Boss Hunt was just too fun to not write about. I completed all three levels of difficulty...with random people! It's what I spent my Friday and Saturday evening doing.

I blink. It's been months since I went back to school, gone from the strange PVZ world. All I did was enter a portal and then bam, back here.

I click my tongue against my teeth in amusement, pressing the publish button and feeling the smallest sliver of regret.

Mystic Flower

"Thanks for comin' plants!"

The Dave Bot spins his arms around.

"But the news I bring you today is bad!"

He then flops his arms downwards darkly. "It's even worse than no Tacos on Tuesday and Saturdays..."

Gasps escape from the sea of crowded plants around the Dave Bot. My mouth drops open in shock and horror. What could be worse than that?

"It must be the zombies!" A Fire Cactus calls out. Anger brims in her voice.

"Yeah. They're always stirring up trouble." Another Mystic Flower nods her head.

"Dave has discovered bad, bad sight." The Dave Bot hangs his head. Then he nods to Agent Rose.

Agent Rose nods back and addresses us with a wave of one of her rose hands. "A bunch of Super Elite ranked plants went to the inspect the trouble stirring at Time Park." I nod, and lift my head a little.

Agent Rose takes a deep breath. "None have returned."

My eyes widen.

"So Agent Citron and I went to inspect whatever carnage could have possibly happened." Agent Rose continues.

I hold my breath.

"There were no survivors." Agent Rose looks down, her eyes emotionless. "They were all dead."

Gasps of shock and horror sweep through the crowd. I hold in my own.