Chapter Twenty Eight

*note: I did write a second chapter for Boss Hunt Brothers of Gnomus but it was so awfully horrible that I'm not publishing it. It could possibly be continued again some time, but for now it is discontinued. Sorry :( also yes I'm alive! Midterms and exams killed me :o, and now I've just finished finals so summer's here ayyy! Wow it's been months...plus I've been busy taking photos for actors! Idk why but I made this chapter kinda emotional hahaha sue me! <3

-totally aware of the fact that they redid the Boss Hunt Brothers of Gnomus and it's now been playable twice

-I'm almost at Max Rank (4856!) stupid rest of the All-Stars and Super Brainz ARGHHH)

*Edit: Screw what I just said...I'M NOW MAX RANK!

-And also you should know-

"Are you done yet?" I roll my eyes as I hear Zomboss spitting.

"Depends...can you shut up." I snap.

"You were just insulting my zombies." Zomboss pouts and growls at the same time.

"Boohoo." I sneer.

"All-Stars and Super Brainz are not-"

"OK ZOMBOSS WELL I DON'T CARE." I spit, looking for the tape with the next chapter. I know it's stashed here somewhere...it's been here for a while now.

"Ah, here." I murmur to myself, and put it in the tape player.

Druid Rose

"Explain." I hiss through gritted teeth. "Explain why you didn't tell the truth. Explain why, even though I trusted you, you twisted up everything. Explain why you can't tell me why!!!"

Party Corn looks me, his eyes full of confusion. "What?"

"You're such a soil tard!" I push his central stem away from me. He doesn't fall, but he loses his balance for only a moment.

"What are you talking about?" He asks, his eyes full of discombobulation. He's clearly baffled.

"You know what I'm talking about." I hiss. "I want the truth." I hiss in frustration. "This lie is going to cost lives...doesn't that mean anything to you?"

Party Corn knits his eyes together in frustration. "I don't know what you're talking about! Be more specific!"

"Chester Chomper..." I trail off, remembering his words. "He said...he said that-"

"Who is Chester Chomper?" Party Corn asks.

With a slight jolt I realize that Chester Chomper had died before Party Corn's return. Chester Chomper was around for the first Garden Warfare, but he had died at the very beginning of the second one. Other Chester Chompers had also, weirdly, died out and Party Corn wouldn't know any of them because he was overseas, and then trapped in Infinity Time.

"He's...he's a Chomper you never met. He died at the very beginning of the second Garden Warfare." I say briskly. "He said to be careful, and that I shouldn't trust you and that I've been surrounded by a lot of lies and that-"