Chapter Seven

Druid Rose reveals her insecurities behind her mask to a certain plant. Meanwhile, Fire Pea is struggling to cope with the loss of Fire Flower and realizes that he could have feelings for her...

BBQ Corn tries talking to Fire Rose, but things don't really go that well and Fire Rose and Druid Rose start to realize that Kernel Corns aren't easy to read.

Toxic Pea and Mystic Flower figure out a vital clue in Toxic Pea's nightmares...could it be a puzzle piece in these entire CRAAAAAAZY events?

Druid Rose

"Do you ever smile, behind your mask?"

Party Corn's question surprises me, and for a moment I don't speak, however I manage to find my words.

"I do. But no one ever sees it." I sigh sadly, tapping my wooden mask, gazing into his eyes in sorrow. "So it doesn't really matter at all..." I trail off, shaking my wand.

Party Corn looks at me, his bandanna still blowing slightly from the breeze. "It does matter." He states, his voice rough but even a little soft at the same time. "Even I smile when I want to."

I stare at him, but I'm not sure if he can tell because of...well, my mask. I put one of my rose hands behind my head, looking down at the ground thoughtfully.

"Why do you Roses hate us so much?"

My eyes widen at his question.

I look down, frowning sorrowfully.

"Why do you Kernel Corn think we are nothing but weak spell casters?"

Party Corn's eyes flit downwards for a moment.

Then he says quietly "I don't think that...one of my closest friends was a Rose. Her name was Party Rose."

My eyes widen. "Was?"

Party Corn smile is grim and sorrowful. "Yeah...she never escaped Infinity Time with me and Party Citron...she sacrificed her life to lead the gnomes away from us while we escaped..."

My eyes widen in shock.

"I'm...I'm sorry to hear that." I say sincerely, looking into his eyes for the first time. "That must have been awful..."

"It was." Party Corn's eyes flash painfully.

My eyes widen even more.

"Kernel Corn can feel pain?" I exclaim. Out loud.

Thistles and thorns...

Party Corn looks at me weirdly. "What do ya think? We aren't invincible, cold monsters...."

"I've never seen a Kernel Corn smile. Or laugh. Or feel pain. Or look vulnerable..." I murmur.

"We're all plants Druid Rose." He sighs.

I'm silent.

"I think I should leave. It's time to get some shut eye. See ya tomorrow!" Party Corn says and gets up, walking away.

I'm left there, hovering above the ground, feeling confused and mystified by our conversation.

Fire Rose
I hear Druid Rose floating towards me, just as I am getting ready to transform into nothing but a rose flower to sleep in the soft grass.