Chapter Eleven

A month has passed since the battle of Moon Base Z.

Druid Rose and Party Corn are completely avoiding each other...but will she ever overcome the insecurities behind her mask? And who will help her do so?

Surprise! Fire Flower has managed to make it back to the plant side...but in terrible condition. With Fire Flower and Fire Pea knocked out and in near-death condition, will Mystic Flower and Power Flower pull it off?

Fire Rose and Mob Cob are enjoying the peace, but how long will it last?

Toxic Pea is struggling to stay strong with both of his friends injured terribly and is falling into the darkness. Can Mystic Flower bring him back to the light?

Druid Rose

I enter a treehouse, floating casually inside as I wait to see the Marigold to tell her my report from scouting today. I fiddle with my wand, waiting patiently. My wooden mask is back on my face, as a cold feeling rushes up my roots.

I hear a ring and it signifies that someplant has entered the tree house. I narrow my eyes and meet the eyes of Party Corn.

Bitterness fills my inner vines as I float farther away from him, trying to stay eager to not speak with him, when in reality all I want to do is talk to him.

The feeling seems mutual, as Party Corn avoids me as well, his eyes narrowed at the sight of me. I take a seat on one of the carved benches that one of the Citrons had pieced up when this treehouse was built.

I narrow my eyes and fill my mind up with ignorance and direct it straight at Party Corn.

However, soon it starts to feel strange. Uncomfortable. It makes me feel...I don't know...some kind of emotion I can't decipher...

My thorn-covered vines rustle uneasily, until I hear Party Corn sigh and come over to me, sitting next to me.

"Look, I can't take this anymore. Can I talk to you?" He asks, sighing and shaking his head.

I hesitate. I toy with my wand, and then I make up my mind.

"What." I sneer. "If you want to talk to me, it must be agent related because we don't talk anymore."

Party Corn looks down, not meeting my eyes.

"Speak." I hiss, resisting the urge to turn him into a goat.

"I'm sorry." He blurts out.

The sneer slips off my face. I nearly drop my wand in surprise, and I fail to compose myself.

"Y-y-you're what?" I stammer. Oh Druid Rose, you sound like an imbecile!

I can't help but feel embarrassment flood through my vines. I stroke one of the soft layered petals that form my rose head.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said any of that stuff to ya." He places one of his party cobs behind his head. "I didn't mean it. I was just..."

"No." I sigh. "You were right. No one ever sees my face. I'm a coward." I shake my head furiously. "It was the truth that I couldn't handle."

Party Corn doesn't reply. He only shifts his husk neck leaves slightly.

Then he says "but I still shouldn't have said that."

"Well...you have my forgiveness. And in all honesty...I've missed talking to you." I admit. Then I wrinkle my face, feeling my inner vines scrunch up at my sentence. "I don't normally get this sappy."