Chapter Sixteen

Grief is shadowing Mystic Flower and threatening to drown her after Toxic Pea's death, and finally she finds out
an answer to a long-asked question. Ice Pea is barely managing to help defend their precious Mega Flower, and Druid Rose and Party Corn grow closer. What's in it for these plants?

Mystic Flower

"AHHHH!"

I screech as I shoot up, my eyes wide with fear, my central stem throbbing. I groan, my roots feeling stiff and rigid. I wipe some sleep pollen around my eyes, carefully strutting off of the bed. The afternoon sunshine gleams across my glowing petals, and I yawn, still feeling haunted from the dream.

It's not even nightfall yet. Did they succeed? What if the Mega Flower is destroyed?
___________________________________________________________

Ice Pea

It's over.

Time is up.

The Mega Flower is go-

"ICE PEA!"

I sigh, cranking my ice pea pods, ignoring someplant's voice.

As I was saying...

The Mega Flower is going to live.

I'm exhausted. My central stem is throbbing, my back ice crystal leaves feeling like they are about to shatter, and my pods aching from all of the pumping and reloading.

The zombies had retreated after a while, the Mega Flower still barely holding on and I remember the scary feeling of it about it be destroyed....

Druid Rose

"Oh come on. I was good. Didn't ya see my Party Busters poppin' those zombies's heads off?"

I chuckle. "Are you saying that popping off zombie heads is a HUGE accomplishment? You really are no hard worker are you Party Corn."

Party Corn shifts his bandanna. "Hey! No. I got a lot of kills. That matters. Busted a lotta those stink-breathin' zombies."

"Yes and who revived you?" I chime in innocently, fiddling with my wand.

"Oh I think it was Fire Rose." Party Corn looks up with a fake thinking face. "But I don't really remember...."

"Grasshole. You should be glad you're alive." I scoff. "I revived you! That's important!"

"Yeah." Party Corn looks up to the sky, something glinting in his eyes. His red and black bandanna blows slightly, flowing with the little breeze that glides through the air.

I look down, ignoring loss flooding through my inner vines. The shock. The grief. The misery. It's all clouding around us plants, surrounding us.

Yes.

When they said that Toxic Pea, as in the one I know and helped wake up from his nightmare, had perished, I knew instantly that it would hit Mystic Flower the hardest.

I had hovered past her a little while ago, and even just by brushing past her...the loss...the grief...the sadness...the shock...all of those emotions striking at her...I can feel them rolling of of her in fierce, rolling waves...

I should try to help her later. No plant deserves pain.

Mystic Flower

I yawn in exhaustion, feeling deeply disturbed and troubled by my dream.

A respectful moment of each and grieving silence for the lost ones is happening tonight, but really I wasn't there for the rest of the battle and the plant that I care that lost his life defending me is gone forever.
___________________________________________________________