Chapter Twenty Six

*hey! Psst! Don't play the soundtrack until it's your queue! ;)

Mystic Flower

A new threat has arrived.

It's been three days since we completed CRAAAAAAAAZY Garden Ops. It's been oddly and suspiciously quiet and calm around the Battleground, and a dark feeling has found a way to spread among everyplant and the area.

Druid Rose is still in the medical area, her body lying limp on one of the flower beds. She hasn't woken up or even stirred once...and even though she hasn't turned into a single rose flower yet and she's still alive somewhere...somehow...her body is nothing but an empty shell. It's like she's never going to wake up.

Too much like Fire Pea and Fire Flower...

Party Corn was probably one of the most affected by her state out of the three of us. I knew they grew close, and I've told him over and over that it wasn't his fault, but he doesn't stop blaming himself for it.

"Mystic, it's my fault...I could have done something to help her...but I didn't..." Is what he told me.

I partly blame myself too. If I had gotten to her faster, if the Yeti hadn't found me and frozen me and attacked me, if I were smarter I could have avoided the Yeti and gotten to her...but I couldn't....

"You couldn't have done anything more...at least you gave her the strength to take the icicle out...or she would have choked to death. You couldn't have done any more..." I had told him.

"I could have." Party Corn had shaken his head. "I would have..."

I squint my eyes downwards, disturbed, trying not to think and worry about my lost friend and Party Corn.

Feeling his head against mine I open my eyes, feeling vulnerable.

"Mmmmmm..." I mumble sleepily, my vision blurry and I shift uncomfortably. I frown, my eyes fully opening, and I shift once more uncomfortably against Toxic Pea, gently nudging him awake.

Toxic Pea's eyes blink open sleepily, his eyes foggy and clouded. He yawns before closing them again.

Then he murmurs softly "what is it?"

"Mmmmm..." I blink, feeling tired and weak.

"Nothing..." I reply, a sad, worried note in my voice that I'm too tired to hide.

Then I start to close my eyes again.

Then I feel Toxic Pea shift and get up slightly.

"What is it?" He asks, his glowing green eyes starting to become more clear.

"I...it's nothing." I mumble. "Go back to sleep."

"Mystic...if something's bothering you...then talk to me...I'm here for you." He murmurs, wrapping one of his toxic pods around my central stem.

I hesitate. Do you I really want to pour out all of my worries on Toxic Pea? He probably has his own and I just don't want to-

"I'm really scared." I blurt out, looking at the sky. It's turning more and more purple. "We just graduated and got promoted to Elites...and the fight tomorrow is only Elites and up..." I hesitate, remembering our Elite ceremony and Agent Corn replacing our silver Advanced plaques with gold Elite ones and replacing our Advanced pot design with an Elite one in the Hall of Records.