Chapter Twenty Nine

Mystic Flower

"HELP!"

Forcing blood aloe down my throat, I struggle to reach a struggling Alien Flower as she's consumed by a wave of multiple Imps. I hear her scream, as the blasts of multiple Imp Blasters, Pylon Punishers, and other Imp weapons sounding loudly. I feel my heart clench as the chilling sounds of the Alien Flower's inner stems and bones snapping and breaking from the impact echo throughout the entire area, as the poor extraterrestrial flower loses her life.

"NO!" I hiss, feeling nectears drip down my cheeks. "Get off of her you stupid grassholes!" Fury and grief spark through my eyes, as I charge up a blast of my Mysterious Energy and aim it right for them. Some of the Imps fall down, vanquished, but a few remain on their feet, their clueless and googly eyes turning and angling to face me.

Snarling, I hurl another blast at them, rage glaring through my inner vines as they all squeal and die, falling to the ground. I swallow, strutting over to the dead Alien Flower.

More nectears leak from my eyes as I gaze at her broken and lifeless body, unrevivable. I watch as it fades, and swallow my grief.

No plant deserves to die like that...

Rushing back inside, moving past the chaos of clashing plants and zombies, I reach the battery room, and blast it like there's no tomorrow.

Literally... if we can't stop that Zombot from launching, there might not be a tomorrow for us plants...

I feel a sharp pain spark up in my side petals, and I look to see a Foot Soldier meters away, shooting his Z-1 Assault Blaster right at me.

Blinking blood aloe out of my eyes, I plant a Rainbow Heal Flower and blast the Soldier, earning a grunt from him as he falls to ground, vanquished. I resume blasting the battery, when suddenly it explodes and I feel the room erupt.

And once more, Crazy Dave's laughter echoes in my head. "Blast Zombot before his shield regenerates!"

My inner vines suddenly light up in excitement. His shield is gone! This is our chance!"

I whip around, racing for the exit to head to where I can get a good shot at Zombot's weak spots. Once I do, I blast them wildly.

Come on... COME ON!

"Look out!" A voice yells, and my eyes widen as I turn around to see a Captain Flameface hopping into his barrel.

"Seeds!" I scream as his barrel lights, and I back away rapidly.

The barrel gains on me, soon pinning me against the wall, and my inner vines light up with panic.

No! It can't end this way!

I blast the barrel desperately, but it remains in tact.

I can't die now... we're almost there! The Zombot's almost out of power!

"Mega Flower please!" I blast it again, only to no avail. The spark finally meets its mark, as I start to feel the impact of the blast.

"NO!" I scream before the world fades from my eyes.

Toxic Pea

"Headache? Nausea? Can you move your central stem?"

I swallow painfully, and close my eyes. "No... and yes... Sunflower, it hurts..." I clench my pods and hiss in agony.

"The wound is still so deep... great Mega Flower Toxic Pea, do you even know how lucky you are? You survived a full-on blow from a ZOMNI BLADE!" Sunflower's eyes are wide.