Chapter Fifteen

Mystic Flower is thrown in grief after Toxic Pea's death and realizes things that she never realized before, and has a haunting dream that knows her worst fear....

Party Corn experiences the full wrath of the Zomboss's enhanced abilities and attacks and is barely managing, however he and Druid Rose grow even closer throughout the fight.

Plasma Pea is struggling to defend the Mega Flower with everyplant else.

Mystic Flower

I choke and cry as I gently attempt to scoop up Toxic Pea, making sure to be as gentle as I could...just like the way he was...and carry him, up to normal ground and find my way to one of the RV's, getting hit by a few shots but I ignore them, and shakily call for Vampire Flower.

She comes out, frowning instantly and I explain everything to her, and she nods in understanding.

"Go. He needs you." She says softly and I nod, strutting inside and instantly placing Toxic Pea on a flower bed.

I wait, sitting beside him as the auto-leaf pilot drives the RV. My roots are cold and my vines feel all tangled and twisted with grief as I stare at Toxic Pea's broken figure.

It feels like it was just a moment ago that the wrapped his toxic pods around my eyes...or said hello...or waved his pods happily in the air....

And now he's probably gone.

Party Corn

I let loose my Party Busters upon some Browncoats, when a huge force passes over me, like a loss of energy from somewhere. I wobble for a moment, before composing myself.

"Woah." I stammer as I start shooting again. "What was that?"

I decide to forget about it for now as we need to work on keeping and defending these next bases. We had to fall back to Port Scallywag, and we are defending the base right now....

The last base before the Mega Flower.

The strength and power of the zombies is...

I hate to admit it, but powerful.

Mystic Flower

I wish I could deny it, but I can't.

I cried. I cried the whole way back home. I couldn't stop.

I had brought him to the medical area as soon as we landed, and Alien Flower, who didn't end up going to defend the Mega Flower, was the only Sunflower there to help me.

I'm here now, frantically flitting my eyes around the room, my roots stiff and my inner vines broken and my central stem throbbing with loss and grief. I choke on my own aloe, trying to stop the nectears from flowing from my eyes but it isn't working.

I hop onto the flower bed with Toxic Pea on it, looking at his injuries. Looking at how terribly damaged he was. It's even worse than the first time he was injured, because of the enhanced attacks.

I gently touch his face, which is now cold and the warmth in his body that he used to share with me is all gone. I stroke his head softly, looking at his closed eyes and cracked Toxic Mask, and the dent in his central stem.

I heave a sigh, and wipe the nectears from my eyes and feel his central stem for a pulse and concentrate hard.

Druid Rose

I'm going to perish.

My health is simply too low. The Mega Flower's health is starting to drop.