Chapter Nineteen

Druid Rose and Party Corn have a fallout- right when need each other most. Toxic Pea is still recovering but is there to defend the garden with Mystic Flower's help...but how do they sort their feelings out? How is the mission going to end? CRAAAAAAAZILY, that's for sure!

Druid Rose

"Ok. The garden can rise at these locations. A. B. C. It can rise as an enchanted garden, remember ok?"

I nod as I look at all of the garden locations that Party Corn points at with one of his party cobs.

Suddenly, I spot something rising from the ground, rainbows swirling around its top. The statue of a plant rises from the ground, followed by a garden.

I gasp. "Hey! Over there!"

I hover over to the garden, seeing the brown pots appear and I smile behind my mask, noticing Toxic Pea, Party Corn and Mystic Flower join me.

"I'll give you my life savings! Now guard that garden! Guardian of gardens!" Crazy Dave's voice rings through my head and I smile wider.

I plant a Doom Shroom, a Bamboo Shoot, and Heal Flower at the back because I know we'll need it.

After all, it is CRAAAAAZY season...

Mystic Flower

I plant a Scaredy Shroom close to the front, and smile.

I see Toxic Pea planting a Snap Dragon. Toxic Pea pats his head and the Snap Dragon growls happily and Toxic Pea gestures "Hooray!" To the Snap Dragon and it growls out, smiling and shaking his head in excitement. I chuckle. Of course.

I look up, satisfied with our base, just as the words engrave and speak into my mind.

THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING.

Party Corn

Planting one last Bonk Choy, I spot approaching Browncoats, and let loose my Party Busters on them, clenching my teeth as their heads soon start to pop off. Coneheads, Bucketheads and Foot Soldiers start to awaken from the ground, and I grit my teeth harder and I try to blast them as fast as I can. I run out of ammo and reload, just to see most of them fly into the air, vanquished.

That's when I notice Toxic Pea, who had launched a Sombrero Bean Bomb at them. He is now blasting them with his Toxic Pea Cannon, the Bucketheads and Coneheads dropping dead and their dumb heads falling off. A Foot Soldier growls out and drops to the ground, a large blast of Mysterious Energy hitting it right in the head and I see Mystic Flower's glowing golden petals among the fray.

A rush of green energy whizzes past me, taking out another Foot Soldier that seems to be already weakened. Druid Rose floats beside me, shaking her wand to reload.

"Don't think you're alone Party Corn." I can hear the smirk in her voice as she grunts and releases her Time Snare on three Browncoats, letting Toxic Pea vanquish them all.

"Oh I know." I smirk back and spin one of my party cobs, just as the little ding sounds off in my head. I am surprised that we had a perfect wave and no knockouts. Didn't Druid Rose say it was CRAAAAZY season?

Wave 2 is on its way and I approach the incoming zombies, Bucketheads biting me and golden lines from Z-1 Assault Blasters crashing into my body. I start blasting the Bucketheads, and when they just don't drop dead, I leap into the air, my Husk Hop corns raining down hard on the Bucketheads and the kill sounds start to go off as most are vanquished and few remain. I quickly blast them with my Party Busters,and it takes a while for their metal bucket heads to fall off and then their heads, but I pull it off, clenching my teeth tightly.