[03] sunshine

SUNSHINE

STARLIGHT

☀ + ★ 

❝I DID SOMETHING

❝I DID SOMETHING.
— S.S

PART I  :

   ❝Where are you?❞

❝Where are you?❞

❝Where are you?❞ 

  I constantly ask myself as I brush my hands against my hair with building frustration. This was all my fault—

   no!

   I swore a long time ago that I'd never allow for Samantha to make me feel guilty of actions that are not my fault. They are not my demise, but instead entirely her mistake.

   Yet, how could I be angry at her? After months of reaping the identity of a soul she is not, her true colors were bound to show through.

   Long nights I spent, wondering if I'd ever get a glimpse of the girl with messy hair and blushed cheeks. The one who always set goals, kept agendas and held his hands at her fearsome heart.

   When I first saw her walking backstage, my heart warmed at her heavenly presence until we crossed paths and she merely ignored me, completely disregarding my attempt at hugging her. 

   Gone was the feeling of sunshine on my skin, and in was the stinging sensation of Samantha's now icy demeanor, her face even void of any color. 

   Where the hell was my friend?

Did I do something?

   No!

   If anyone should know how violent her mood swings could be, it's me. All my life I've known nothing but a range of Samantha's, one day happy Samantha and the next, experimenting with the suicidal Samantha. 

   Her world was a series of black and white until I came in to disrupt her color scheme.

   ❝SUNSHINE❞ She first called me when we were just kids, my bullied self on a lonely swing until she came into my path and I accidentally knocked her down whilst on the swing.

   I came down, towering over her as she laid on the ground, face down. When she flipped onto her back side and placed a hand over her face to shield her eyes from the sun rays, she smiled at me.

   ❝Sunshine.❞ She said, and it stuck. Squinty eyes and minor scratches on her arms from the wood chips, I was convinced of one thing —

I love her.

   I love her quickly turned into, ❝I loved her❞, but even then, I never really did stop loving her. After our first argument as adolescents, she called me sunshine. I didn't know it back then, but as she wrapped her arms around my neck for a hug, I knew just how compassionate and forgiving she could be.  

   Under a false icy texture was my best friend, my girl. 

   ❝Let her handle this on her own.❞ Kevin's last text message had read after I disclosed that I, a stupid idiot, had lost his drunken sister in Sin City ; Las Vegas.

   At a cross roads between wanting to give into Kevin's message and wanting nothing more than to find her, I stand back with my jaw to the ground as she comes back into my life, once again finding me. 

   She presses herself up on the window of a tattoo shop, psychotically grinning as she brings her hand up against the glass. ❝Are you having fun?❞ I asked, unable to stay bitter even If I was worried sick about her.

   ❝I did something.❞She whispers loud enough for me to hear. ❝I bet you did.❞ I say, shrugging as I press my forehead up against the outside of the glass window.

   When I place my hand where her dainty one lays, a smile takes over her face. ❝Do you like it?❞ She mouths, slightly tugging down at the neck of her shirt to reveal inflamed flesh with only one word —

   R E W I N D

  ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀
AUTHOR'S NOTES

SUNSHINE: SAMI'S POINT OF VIEW

i've broken this chapter into two parts because other wise i'd slap you with too many words and i'm low-key trying to avoid that. we'll be getting a little bit on insight onto the relationship of sami + samantha ; although i won't exactly state things as they were , you'll get the message ( i hope). 

x o , v i o l e t .