[ 31 ] numb

[ UPDATE: JUST TO AVOID ANY CONFUSION, THIS CHAPTER BEGINS WITH SAMANTHA'S POV, AND THEN AFTER THE 'X' BREAK, IT SWITCHES TO A THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW NARRATION ]

STARLIGHT,

MOONLIGHT.

☾  + ★  

  ❝YOU DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS

  ❝YOU DON'T GIVE UP
 ON YOUR DREAMS.❞ 
— K.O

 IT STARTS WITH ONE THING, then the madness unravels and disperses itself in every crevice possible. It stains more than flesh and bones. It taints the walls of a company that one puts nearly 300 days, or over 300 days of hard work.

   Some see it as slavery, but sometimes the pay is so good that it's all worth it for what is thought of as just a mental state of temporary insanity.

   ALL I KNOW is that we tell ourselves that it's only temporary, except it's not. One of these days, we wake up at midnight, gasping for air as something invisible feels like it's gripping onto your neck and violently choking the air, the life out.

You blink twice at your reflection in the mirror and find yourself realizing what a drone they've made out of you.

   The fate I chose for myself was to rule, but instead they've turned me into a scared, obedient little robot with no control of anything.

    IT'S SO UNREAL how one second the battleground was mine to take, and the next it's mine to clean. 

   The blood was loss, and unfortunately, I'm not the one that can bleed. My mind's weary and my veins are nearly translucent against my skin from the rage of clenching my fists shut so tightly.

   Their blue coloring reminds me of what feels like I've been branded with. A literal opportunity in the palms of my hands, but also a deathly wake up call.

   It's a slap in the face to see how everything rests against my shoulders, and I'm all alone.

   He's there,

   they're there,

and I'm not.

They're there and I'm here, all of us at completely different areas. The own hurricane session I started finally released it's energy, and it made me the biggest fool when I slipped and caught myself in the undertow of angry waves whirling a riot.

   My own creation was my own demise. It was a bitter pill to swallow, but one mistake from my part and the hurricane took me a million steps into the wrong side of heaven.

   At Stephanie's feet I fell, on my knees with nothing but embarrassment and a broken crown of illusions. Dean was right in warning me. He foresaw a truth that I didn't want to admit and that was this: