[05] battle ground

SUNSHINE

STARLIGHT

☀ + ★ 

❝YOU'RE SO DEAD,BUT THAT WASFUCKING AWESOME

❝YOU'RE SO DEAD,
BUT THAT WAS
FUCKING AWESOME.❞
— K.O

THE DAY OF   :

   Usually polished Samantha, perfect hair and immaculate black manicured nails Samantha whirls into the halls of the backstage environment looking a fine mess.

   With her platinum blonde strands of hair sticking to her sweaty neck and wrinkly shirt, the evidence that she slept in last night's clothing is easy to pinpoint.

   When her red-headed companion catches up besides her with the same wild, disheveled look, opinions are formed by her colleges and his peers.

   Easily enough, the rumors quickly come to a silence when the blonde's weary appearance is transformed into the face of a determined boss.

   She is in charge, and with just one cold glance at everyone, the whisperings stop. 

   "Samantha, you don't look so good." Stephanie points out, a fake concerned expression on her face as her father stands besides her, scanning the French-Canadian with a tinge of apprehension.

   That very doubt is washed away when Samantha Steen politely sighs and tucks the strands clinging from her neck behind her ears. "I may not look my best, but I feel like a million bucks. Now if you excuse me, I have a show to run." 

   Steen responds, once again rubbing it in Stephanie's beloved wounds that she's not in charge for the night. A new Queen has emerged, and she's in no need of a crown or throne to be looked upon as a ruler.

   "What are you doing there? Go rehearse!"

   Samantha quickly snaps at Zayn, sending him to prepare. Vincent Kennedy McMahon turns to face the blonde, the depiction of mad-woman with a plan.

   As her slender silhouette enters the madness of backstage personal seemingly running with their heads cut off, shouting for instructions, Samantha gives them direction.

   In just a couple of minutes, roles are assigned and confidence is instilled in every unsung hero backstage. "You've all done this a million times before, now let's make this a different kind of monster." 

   Steen smiles as Vince inevitably smirks.

   "A different kind of monster." Stephanie mocks, displeased and bitter at the younger woman stealing what's hers.