[09] selfish

SUNSHINE

STARLIGHT

☀ + ★ 

❝SOULMATESNEVER DIE

❝SOULMATES
NEVER DIE.❞
— S.Z

☀ | S U N S H I N E 
    S A M I' S P O V: 

   THIS WAS THE PERFECT MOMENT, the perfect marriage between rage and love unraveling for the thousands at home and in this stadium to see.

   Months leading up to this battle painted Kevin Owens as some kind of monster that only spewed out RAGE for his once best friend.

   I, I was the underdog from the underground. Having just returned from an injury on the night that Vince finally thought of me as enough to give a chance, I came back with a burning vengeance.

   I would not let anyone backstage count me out. I was present, and life splashed from my fists onto Kevin Owens as we once again, exchanged blow after blow at the Royal Rumble.

   The crowd went ape shit, Kevin went into a frenzy, and I felt myself burn up in flames with my love for this crazy sport rekindling.

   For months I sat home alone, miserable for not being able to even watch the product, because just watching any footage of wrestling reminded me that I couldn't do it.

  Every now and then, specks of doubt surge into my mind in moments where I should be most proud, most confident in my ability.

   Often times, that same doubt has kept me frozen from doing the things I want to do the most. The moves I've spent hours training for, the emotion I want to achieve all remains unharvested because of my apprehension.

   When I was injured, doubt couldn't paralyze me because I couldn't even move much without wanting to bawl like a baby.

   BUT RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW— I could feel everything.

   As Kevin fell to the ground from taking one too many blows to the head, my emotions were hyphened. It was as if our sentiments, our life long battle to break free of each other while being together in a harsh industry was magnified and amplified by the fact that the audience was on their feet.

   We got a standing ovation,

and this time around,
Kevin wasn't on top.

I was the one on my feet,
and he was not.

   In that moment, I could cry. Honest to god, I felt my eyes burning. In looking out towards the crowd, my eyes stopped searching when they found a home in the warmest brown eyes I've always gravitated to.

   There she stood by the ramp, a tear traveling down her cheek as platinum locks framed her perfect face. My perky angel of death smiled, and it felt as if she gave me a halo of my own.