[ 32 ] the draft

STARLIGHT

SUNSHINE

☀ + ★    

❝SAMANTHA'S JUSTBURIED HERSELF ALIVE

❝SAMANTHA'S JUST
BURIED HERSELF ALIVE.❞
 — E.

   It was the day of the draft and minds rolled in uncomfortably numb as the event progressed. Samantha's own head felt brain damaged, and the second she returned from the ring onto the gorilla area, madness detonated.

   Her brain literally
 throbbed, 

making her wonder
 if she

 was bleeding
 internally.

   Friendly faces all cheered the death angel, none noticing the pained expression behind her eyes as she mustered a smile. 

   Walking past a sea of happy superstars plucked at her heart strings, and the second his eyes warmly coincided with hers, she fled in the opposite direction while blue eyes traced her intentions.

   Samantha ran away from Rami, and doing so hurt like hell. Every step she took away from him felt like nails and thumbtacks were piercing through her feet. 

   Shane McMahon, having followed behind her on their way up the ramp continued to pursue, concerned.

   It was late into the event and as Samantha stormed towards Vince's office, her heart caved in at seeing the room empty of his presence. 

   Since her conversation with Mick, Samantha's known that she would take on the role of general manager. While that was upsetting because it would hinder her from taking over creative control in the writing room, it also surged some hope into her fragile heart that Vince trusted her enough.

   Vince McMahon trusted Samantha Steen so much that he gave her a scratched up diamond known as Smack Down. In his mind, that blonde force of nature was a diamond of her own, and only diamonds can be polish another.

   As Steen felt asphyxiated by the walls in the hallway, she ran until her feet felt sore from climbing flights of stairs that ultimately brought her to the venue's roof top.

   Pushing the metal door open, she burst through only to find intense blue eyes meet her as his face shone a steady nod.

   Corey Graves — the man whom was transferred over to the red brand early on in the show crossed his arms at her distressed sight. 

   ❝WELL, LOOK WHAT THE WIND DRAGGED IN.❞  Samantha's face sharply turned left, finding dark eyes staring back at her as pulled his knees to his chest.