[ 22 ] the truth

SUNSHINE

STARLIGHT

☀ + ★  

   ❝YOU'VE SADLY MISTAKEN YOUR-SELF AS THE STORM THAT'SGOING TO TAKE THIS PLACEBY IT'S HORNS

SELF AS THE STORM THAT'S
GOING TO TAKE THIS PLACE
BY IT'S HORNS.
❞ 
— K.O

   THE TWO FIGURES that shared a moment in the parking lot now loom back into the crowded building with eyes all around them.

   His stature alone draws attention, but sticking out like a sore thumb is Samantha Steen. The crown of her hair is disheveled, her eyelids are red, and her normally immaculate posture is just slightly off.

   The air around her feels so thin, faces turn away with fear of asphyxiation. From the crowd, Sami Zayn looks on with the same confusion Bálor and Graves stare on with.

   She looks neither broken,

 nor whole. 

   SMELLING VULNERABILITY out in a flash, Rollins keeps his head held up for her sake. Maybe some of his confidence will rub off on her, and in turn, keep everyone safe and sound.

   Jack Parker, manager of booking events for Wembley Stadium greets Steen with a smile. From besides him, Vince McMahon nods back.

   As Jack greets the Superstars in to wish them a successful show, Vince glances at Samantha with concern.

   ❝YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY.❞ He reminds her. As she subtly nods and assures him that she is content, Vince scoffs. ❝YOU DON'T LOOK IT.❞ He responds, glancing out at the sea of superstars with genuine smiles.

   That's real happiness, and even he can see how obviously she's faking such a contagious emotion. Easily the tallest man in the room, he lowers his eyes onto her with a small dose of encouragement.

   You've got this,

you've got this, 

you've got this.

❝So If there's anything I can do to help, speak up. Because quite frankly, you look like fucking death.❞

   Vince lastly says before turning to leave with Mr.Parker. Samantha breathes in and out, reminding everyone to be back in the venue by 5 o' clock sharp.

   Although there's less than an hour till the show, there's always a few superstars that have the need to escape the asylum any venue can be. 

Pressure forms diamonds,

 but it also crushes bones.

   Slowly as Superstars shuffle away, Steen searches the premise for a particular body. Upon spotting him, her head tips back.