[ 30 ] heroes

SUNSHINE

STARLIGHT

☀ + ★  

❝NEVER MEET YOUR HEROES

❝NEVER MEET 
YOUR HEROES.❞
 — S.R

AS EXPECTED, the gala event was packed with wealthy investors from left to right. Just as quickly as Samantha and Renee finished downing their first glass of champagne, they were pulled apart. 

   Summoned by Stephanie McMahon, Renee grudgingly left to sneak in some interviews with a few of the Superstars attending the prestigious event. As for Samantha, she stared at her cellphone's screen, reading Shane McMahon's message.

   8:44 PM | SHANE O'MAC: MEET ME NEAR THE TABLE WITH THE CHAMPAGNE DRINKS.

   With Renee gone, Samantha looked around with utter confusion. Every where she looked, tables and more tables filled with glasses of sparkling champagne adorned the area.

   Annoyed with Shane's lousy instructions, Steen grabbed another glass of champagne. She stepped into the carpeted area, baffled by it's coloring.

   Only such a posh event with crazy rich individuals would bring in a white 'red' carpet. Samantha looked down, impressed by how the carpet was still in pristine condition.

   As she consumed herself with silly thoughts, two dark eyes stumbled latched in Samantha's direction and felt her presence suck the air out of his lungs.

   Wearing a black gown in a sea of women wearing more colorful alternatives, the white carpet alone made her stick out like a sore thumb.

   But Rollins wasn't looking at the carpet. Like everyone else, he was practically swooning over Samantha Steen.

   Unlike most of the men already glancing at her with intentions to act on their dirty thoughts, he wasn't going to act out on his impulses. It did tug on his gender's necessities to question how he could have such a stunning individual as only a friend and nothing more, but on an emotional and spiritual level, he was glad to have a like-minded individual provide something more pure than a simple series of one night stands.

   As she rolled her eyes at a comment some snobby investor made about agreeing with Donald Trump's agenda, Rollins smiled and understood why things were the way they were.

   And he was fine with it, so long as the two always remained just that

— friends.

   Walking forward, her eyes searched for Shane's light brown but instead found an intense darker pair.

   ❝STEEN.❞ 

❝ROLLINS.❞

   The two squinted their eyes at one another in that smoldering manner before breaking out into childish laughter.