[14] thank you

SUNSHINE

STARLIGHT

☀ + ★

❝STOP WASTING TIME!❞— S

— S.Z

THE DEADLINE HOUR was approaching, and Samantha was practically shitting herself as she waited in a lobby just to speak to a man who could very well save her ass from getting fired.

❝I'm sorry Miss Steen, but Jack Parker is handling a negotiation right now. He won't be available until another hour from now, but we'll book you a meeting if you decide to wait the hour.❞

Sam nodded, giving the kind receptionist a smile as she signed her name and printed her cellular number onto a log. ❝I'm just going to grab some air really quick.❞ Samantha said as the receptionist smiled back at her.

❝Take your time.❞ The woman's sweet voice called out as Samantha stepped outside and still felt like there wasn't enough air.

Her skin felt sweaty and everything was starting to get fuzzy. It was now 4 o'clock, and it dawned on Samantha that she hadn't eaten anything since 8am when she quickly scarfed a bagel down on her way to the O2 Arena.

With less than an hour to kill, Samantha rushed to the nearest café down the street and ordered the first thing her eyes saw on the menu- a strawberry margarita and some chicken tenders.

Her plate might have come from the kid's menu, but Samantha wasn't about to get picky about her food. When the drink was placed down on her table, the French-Canadian downed the beverage so fast, her head even hurt.

Ignoring the pain, Steen munched on the chicken nuggets and fries. Having eaten so quickly, the blonde now felt like a stuffed, bloated mess.

As Samantha went over her checklist and the crap ton of paper work still left to sort out in the manila folder, the tears flushed in her eyes.

BY SIX O'CLOCK, Vince wanted to hear that Samantha had booked the O2 Arena. It was now 4:35PM, and Steen had yet to talk to Jack or let alone, cut a deal.

The deal she thought of as too ambitious but achievable now came to bite her in the ass when doubt kicked in.

How the fuck was she going to get everything done before six? What if Jack didn't want to make a deal? What if Samantha's bad reputation of slapping Stephanie McMahon and kicking Daniel Radke had gotten around in the business world?

Even as Samantha had a crap ton of assignments staring right at her in the manila folder, she would still never be busy enough to NOT miss him.

In a moment of crippling fear and doubt, her mind traced images of him. The thought of Sami brought comfort to her, but as she pulled her phone out and pressed it to her ear, Samantha knew that nothing was more comforting than the sound of his voice.