[ 18 ] kill me

SUNSHINE

STARLIGHT

☀ + ★

❝FUCKING KILL ME, PLEASE

❝FUCKING KILL

ME, PLEASE.❞
 — S.Z

He should have gone after her.

   Should have,

could have,

would have.

SAMI WOULD OF HAVE gone after Samantha if her phone hadn't been going off like crazy. Even as their argument grew more explosive, Zayn couldn't ignore the sleek black iPhone vibrating from the corner of the bed. 

   The device kept flashing and vibrating with so many messages that it nearly fell off of the bed he so wanted to snuggle up with her in had he not caught it the second Steen ran out the door.

   Lighting up with continuous messages, Sami would have buried the phone deep under a few pillows if Kevin's name hadn't caught his eye.

   Tapping the screen once, Zayn didn't dare invade Steen's privacy that much, but curious demons gnawed at his impulses as he took in the total message count from just the past few minutes.

   INBOX:
   13 UNREAD MESSAGES,
   KNOCKOUT STEEN.

   Knowing just how much Kevin despised texting, it dawned on Sami that it must be truly urgent. Without meaning to, he exited out of the messages inbox only to notice the '25' right on top of the calling icon.

   Pressing on it, a shiver ran down Zayn's spine as the call log displayed 25 missed calls, all from Samantha's beloved older brother, and his best friend.

   For both,

it was complicated.

It was all a vicious cycle that both drained and rekindled Sami's spirits. Kevin wasn't speaking to him, and Samantha wasn't speaking to her brother. And now, Sam was speaking to neither Zayn or Owens.

   The platinum blonde was isolating herself, and while it was more than evident to Sami that Kevin was clearly trying to get a hold of his sister, Sami found a strange comfort in knowing that they would never get to that much of an ugly stage.

   While the French-Canadian drove him mental, Samantha was still within his reach. He could so easily apologize to her ... but Sami couldn't.

   He couldn't bend himself backwards for her anymore. This time around, he didn't do anything wrong. In years without Samantha, Rami had grown and he could tell she had too ... but now, it was her turn to show that evolution in maturing.