[ 25 ] i'm with you

☀ ☀ ☀
SUNSHINE

❝ I DON'T CARE IF HE'SYOUR OWN BLOOD,I'M TAKING HIM OUT

YOUR OWN BLOOD,
I'M TAKING HIM OUT.

— S.Z

EARLY TUESDAY MORNING,

and I was in pain.

My back was on fire, the brace around my neck constantly felt like it was trying to torture more than heal, and my head hurt.

Worse of all, my mind couldn't gravitate towards any thoughts that weren't about her.

Every passing second, Samantha was on my mind. She was in my every thought all because she felt so unstable.

The car ride to the next town last night was miserable. No matter how much she smiled and laughed for my sake, it all felt like a bad act. It's as if she was trying to convince herself that things would be okay.

Not necessarily okay for her,

but for me.

That, or she was trying to keep something away from me, and that itself caused for another aching migraine.

When we finally made it from London to Norwich about two hours later and checked into our hotel, I thought that perhaps things would settle.

Except they didn't.

If the car ride was painful, the elevator ride was unbearable. A few seconds in, and I could have sworn that Fergal whimpered from the friction Samantha was radiating.

Her shoulders were tense, and her personality was even more frigid. To say that she was in an uptight mood was the understatement of the century, and that itself was putting me into a pissy mood.

On our way out of the hospital, Samantha had stopped by the entrance doors to take an incoming call.

Fergal grinned with excitement, assuring me it was Shane McMahon, but I wasn't sold on that idea.

It's not that I couldn't see Shane and Samantha working together, it's that as she took the call, her soft facial features hardened.

Her free hand's fingers clenched tight, and as she walked back to the car, it's as if a new colder version of Samantha had emerged.

I wasn't even familiar with that facade, and to think of just how enigmatic she could be triggered annoyance.

☀ + ★
[ NARRATOR ]

As Samantha and Rami made it to their room, Fergal politely wished them both a good night before leaving to his own room. As they entered their suite, Sami heavily sighed as he placed their luggage by the door.

Having heard another sigh, Sami walked deeper into the room to catch Samantha lying on bed face up, with her eyes shut tight and her hand clutching onto her cellphone with a death-like grip.