[07] battle born

SUNSHINE

STARLIGHT

☀ + ★ 

  ❝YOUR GODFATHER SAMI'SRIGHT BACK UP AGAIN CUS' HE'S BATTLE BORN

RIGHT BACK UP AGAIN CUS'
 HE'S BATTLE BORN.
— S.S

 Samantha clasps her hands, staring at the backstage monitor with pure adoration as Lilian stands in the center of the ring with the radiant smile Steen fawned over as a child. 

   The woman was a goddess, a true legend of the WWE and in Samantha's opinion, the best ring announcer to ever grace the company.

   Jojo was Samantha's close friend, but the petite woman had big shoes to fill.

   Despite Garcia's recent departure of the WWE to tend to her sick father, the French-Canadian was able to pull the right strings and garner Lilian's contact information. Upon frantically begging like a love-sick groupie, Lilian finally accepted with only one request.

   The request was that her father be allowed to sit front row. Having met Lilian's father only a few hours ago, Steen grew fond of the older jolly man. With the power in her hands, Samantha made sure that Lilian's father got the best view from besides her daughter in the announcing table area.

   Having grown a fan of the WWE, Lilian's father (Hector) was over thrilled. An exuberant little kid Hector became before her eyes, and at that, Samantha felt a warmness burn inside her organ.

   She did something good.

   With her shoulders pinned back and posture immaculate, Samantha's appearance was nothing short of fierce. While many would regard her as cold, the French-Canadian's true colors shone through when glancing upon familiar eyes.

   Shrieking from the entrance backstage doors all the way to Samantha at the end of the hallway, little Élodie continued to squeal with the up most happiness as Steen scooped the cutie into her arms and smothered her with kisses.

   From a distance, Dolph Ziggler observed and even raised his brows at the sight before him:

   Samantha Steen without a guard hugging her parents who looked much enthusiastic to see her than she did smiling back at them. Dolph and eventually, The Miz stared with fascination as the Steen's hugging their enigmatic child that despite her smile, looked forced in giving such affection. 

    While Mike figured that perhaps she was a bit robotic after all, Dolph put a bet that she didn't get to well along with her folks, but somewhere inside of her kindness existed. 

   "She did once cover for me when I came in drunk." Dolph whispers to Mike (The Miz). "Yeah, and then she asked for your alcohol in exchange of her covering for you." 

   Dolph shrugs, watching as Steen displays an actual heart. "It must be tough working for Vince." Much less compassionate than his friend, the Miz only shrugs. "We all work for Vince."