[11] happiness

SUNSHINE

STARLIGHT

☀ + ★

❝NO. PROMISE YOU
WON'T SAY ANYTHING
TOTALLY SAPPY.❞
— S.S

Samantha Steen storms down the hallways with sheer frustration radiating from her petite body. While she's normally unapproachable, the few souls that made an effort to congratulate her for assembling such a great event only receive a cold shoulder.

Renee Young flinches as Sam swooshes past her so quickly that the French-Canadian's shiny locks slap her face.

Even then, Renee can't be mad. The woman is fabulous and clearly, on a tight schedule. She's got places to be, things to do, and Renee can respect that.

As Samantha is followed by the camera men whom she needs to make sure hit up Kevin and Sami for their backstage interviews, her normally cool skin feels hot as just thinking what he said.

   It sets her bones on fires that her own sibling could be such a shit human. To think they share the same blood makes Samantha feel like her skin will truly melt.

   If she could, she'd pick her scorching hot flesh apart to toss at Kevin. It would be her morbid way of saying, ❝look at what you've done to me. Your poison has skinned me alive.❞

She's always known Kevin's been selfish,

but for him to stoop so low,
in a moment so precious
to his best friend?

   With all the cameras and noise surrounding her, Samantha nearly shouts to make it all stop and come to a complete, blissful silence.  In seeing this, Renee steps into the scene and helps with that she can.

   After all, the bubbly Canadian was assigned to get a detailed interview with Steen, the mastermind behind what Renee now thinks of as the best Battleground ever.

   ❝SAM, DEEP BREATH❞ Renee softly whispers as she pats Steen's shoulder. Taken aback, Renee almost gasps as Samantha turns to meet her with tears.

   It was only a few, but nonetheless, tears!

   A bit freaked out and thrown off guard, Renee directs the camera men to their places, only keeping Greg (her favorite) near. Renee knows it's not the best moment to interview the striking, now teary eyes French-Canadian, but she'll have to understand that it's her job to have that interview up before midnight (Vince's orders).

   Renee gently approaches Steen, throwing the caution about an interview. Much to Young's surprise, Samantha nods.

   As Renee gives Greg the sign to start recording, Sam nervously chuckles. ❝I'm not normally this emotional, but there's just so much to process.❞