[10] patience

SUNSHINE

STARLIGHT

☀ + ★ 

❝I HAVE TO BE PATIENT

I HAVE TO
BE PATIENT.❞
— S. Z

   ☀ | S U N S H I N E,
        S A M I ' S P O V :

❝I'M DOING THIS FOR MYSELF❞

   I remind Kevin as I once again pick him up, his mind completely scattered after taking one of my Helluva kicks

   As I push him back to lean on the turn buckles, I retreat back to the corner vertical to his and pick up on my own thoughts that for once don't resemble the petals of a dandelion on a windy day.

   With my back against a turn buckle and my brother, my wrestling soul mate just a few feet away, the emotions kick back in.

   We're both hurting badly, but he' the one going down today. Our story is simple, but it plays out on two very strong emotions—

L O V E 
+
B E T R A Y A L

   The tale is easy to understand. Kevin betrays me, and that's his role in our narrative. Even if Kevin's in ring character doesn't fully want to keep making me ache, he has to do to earn the win, the bigger paycheck for his family.

   For years I've gotten the shorter end of the stick because Kevin's job in the story is to hurt me.

   In attacking someone who doesn't deserve to be hurt (me), Kevin quickly becomes a monster, someone to fear and take seriously when he tells you that he'll take you out.

   The moral can become clouded enough for people to mistake. This story isn't about why you shouldn't trust people, or that you should be paranoid about your closest friend betraying you.

   This is all about the abused, the 'victim' breaking free from the vicious cycle of torment from their aggressor. It's about breaking the habit of keeping quiet, of staying down and instead reaching out.