[ 35 ] don't trust him

SUNSHINE

STARLIGHT

☀ + ★      

  ❝WORD OF ADVICE, STEEN

  ❝WORD OF
ADVICE, STEEN.❞ 
— E

Hate,

hate,

hate.

   He hated it. Seth absolutely loathed the way both himself and Samantha paced back and forth next to each other in the four by four room he had taken to sleeping in.

   How Rollins wished he could say rest, but that would be a lie. His eyes may have been shut for a period of time, and he may have been unconscious, but his mind was not.

   That mind of his he cherished and nurtured, but it sometimes had a cruel way of never shutting off. It was no longer filled with methodical plans, but instead void of them. Every thought that plagued his mind had to do with his innermost fears, and it was gruesome.

   Tiresome even, and those same nightmares kept his brain from ever shutting off completely. As he stopped to catch Samantha staring at him with a trace of remorse, Seth knew that the biggest lie between the two was thinking that they were still the same.

   When they first met, there was plenty of back and forth. 

   Back and forth banter.

   Back and forth
 flirting from his part.

   Back and forth
 rejection from
 her part. 

   Somewhere along their bickering ways, they learned to feed off each other's intellect. In those moments where Samantha and Seth could put their clashing similarities aside, ideas would be exchanged.

   But they weren't really just ideas, 

they were secrets.

    Secrets they harvested deep in the pits of their guarded hearts. Without knowing it at the time, she threw off her mask for him, and he took down his armor for her.

   A mutual trust was built, and the secrets they shared at night in the car rides to the next town that she'd drive when he was too banged up, were deep.

   Back then, Seth Rollins held Samantha Steen as the strongest person he ever met. 

   Back then, Samantha Steen held Seth Rollins as the strongest person she ever met.

   Now, the way her lips pursed with hesitation pushed him to the edge. That edge of restraint that shackled him from being who he used to be. Seth took one long good look at her before deciding to just rip the band aid off.