Chapter 6

**Above is what Baked Alaska looks like, it is super good and made from a jellyrol that to me tastes like a brownie and icecream. If you ever get the chance you should try it.**

**Sebastian** 

All through homeroom, I could feel eyes on me. I didn't dare look up from my drawing to see who, but for some reason, I had a feeling it was the new kid, James. As soon as the bell rang for first period I was practically flying from my seat and to my Astronomy class. I actually let out a breath in relief as I noticed halfway through class that the new kid wasn't in my first period. Yet, somehow I was also disappointed and I have no idea why.

Second period I wasn't so excited about, I rather love Astronomy class, but Creative Writing I'm not too good at. As I entered the class I noticed James was there talking with the principal's daughter, Alexa, in the back of the room. I was shocked to find out that I was jealous at the way they were talking so close together, even though I already know that Alexa is a lesbian and dating a girl named Codee in our grade. The second I walked in though James and I made eye contact.

I wonder if James just came from gym class because his hair is sopping wet like he just took a shower. He smiles at me but I quickly duck my head down and take my seat in the middle of the room. I sit in silence until the bell rings. Great. Time to get our stories back.

"Well," The teacher Mrs. Bruce says as she picks up a stack of papers off her desk. "There were some pretty great stories I read," She starts to pass out the papers. "And others," I gulp as she hands me mine. "Need to put more effort and feeling into them," She gives me a hard look. "If you spent more time using your creative side to write instead of drawing, Mr. Porter, I'm sure you could get a decent grade in my class,"

I quickly nod my head at her as I glance down at the paper she places on my desk. D! What? I thought I did pretty great on this story. I look back up at her with my eyebrows furrowed. How did I get a D?

"Next time, Mr. Porter, how about you try using fewer wolves in your story? Do you only talk about wolves? Try using talking humans next time instead of talking wolves,"

"Yes ma'am," I whisper as I shove the paper in my backpack and cover my face in my crossed arms on my desk as kids snicker.

"Mr. Porter," Mrs. Bruce continues. "I know you're a smart boy, but why not talking to Makayla to help you come up with something a little less," She pauses to think of a word. "Wolf,"

I gulp loudly. "O-O-Okay," Go away now! You're drawing attention to me!

"Now, Makayla, she can write a story," Mrs. Bruce says with a wide smile. "I'm sure if she pursued it she could be a professional writer someday,"

I snap my head up to glare at her. "She doe-," I quickly cut myself off from spouting off on my half-sister.

"She what?" Mrs. Bruce asks.

"Nothing," I quickly say.

"That's what I thought. I expect your next assignment to be free of wolves, Mr. Porter,"

"Right," I say through clenched teeth. I hate Makayla!

Makayla doesn't even write her own stories! She has other people write them for her because she is worse than me! She doesn't do any of her own work, she always gets other kids to do it for her! God, I hate her!

I sulk the rest of the period. Why did my mom have to have an affair and get pregnant with Makayla? I'm sure if Makayla wasn't around my parents wouldn't hate me so much.

As soon as the bell rang I dashed for the nearest men's restroom. I run the cold water and splash it on my face to clear my thoughts. I love third period but I also hate it. Why do I love and hate it? Because it is Home Economics and I love to cook and sew, but I hate it because Makayla is in that class with me. Why is Home Economics my only non-senior class? All my other classes are only senior classes, so why can't this class be too? At least they could have split us up since we are technically siblings.