Chapter 37

--Sebastian--

It took a good two hours to actually get James out of our room. We made the mistake of showering together, which resulted in shower sex. Then I had to literally force clothes onto him as he wasn't cooperating with me. Once he finally got clothes on I dragged him out of the room and down to the dining room where a Christmas breakfast was going on.

"Oh, Sebastian, can I talk to you for a second?" Aimee asks right before I sit down.

"Yeah, sure," I reply. James shakes his head quickly at me as he grabs my wrist.

"Don't go," He pleads with a pout.

"I'll be right back, you big baby," I say with a laugh as I pry his fingers off me. James pouts but drops his hand to his side anyway.

Aimee pulls me down the hallway and into a bathroom. I blink in surprise as she runs her fingers through her pretty brunette hair. She looks nervous as she chews on her bottom lip.

"What's up?" I ask as I lean against the closed door.

Aimee glances at the door behind me before putting a finger to her lips to keep me quiet. Then she reaches into a pocket on her dress that I didn't know was there and hands me a little cardboard rectangle that barely fits in my hand.

"What is this?" I ask curiously. The cardboard is thin and smooth in my hands.

"Open it, but keep quiet," She whispers.

I lick my lips as I nervously open the cardboard like one would while unfolding a piece of paper. My breath catches in my throat as I stare at the black and white, or is that gray, photo. A little black smudge sits in a bean shaped oval and I know immediately what this is, even if this is the first time seeing one in person.

"Is this," I trail off as Aimee nods her head.

"I brought it with me, I think I will let them know by showing them this," She whispers.

"That's a wonderful idea, Aimee," I say with a smile. This is James' little brother or sister I am looking at. I can't help it as a tear slips from my eye. "Do you know what it is?"

She shakes her head. "To early,"

I sniffle as more happy tears slip from my eyes. "This is beautiful, Aimee, really, I am so happy for all of you,"

"Thank you, Sebastian," Aimee says as she pulls me into a hug. "I want you to be there when I tell them. You're a part of this little family now, so it's only right if your there too. Besides, I have a feeling James might need you, after all, he's so used to being a spoiled only child."

I chuckle as I realize that James is used to being a spoiled only child. Who knows what James might do. He could be happy for his parents, happy to get a sibling after almost eighteen years. Or, James could be angry. He could hate his little unborn sibling. He could feel jealous of an unborn baby, and who knows what jealousy looks like in James.

"I'll be there, Aimee, don't worry," I reply as I hand the picture back to her and wipe my eyes. "Now, I better calm down before James has a freak out from seeing me crying," I mutter as I turn the sink faucet onto cold.

"Right, we don't want him angry at me this early in the day," Aimee giggles. I smile as I cup cold water into my hands and splash it onto my face, mainly aiming for my already reddening eyes.

****555****

I bounce in my seat excitedly as I watch pups unwrap presents. I already tried to run from room to room to look at everything before James caught me, and now he is keeping a hand on me at all times.