Chapter 14

**James**

Sebastian has been healing remarkably quickly. Only a week ago did he fracture his tail bone, yet he is already up and walking around like nothing happened. Sometimes he will have to pause and rest and sometimes he will wince if he moves wrong, but other than that he has been healing great. He spent the rest of the Thanksgiving break with me and I can honestly say I've never been so happy in my entire life than I was in that whole week.

Waking up every morning with Sebastian either curled up against my side or snuggled on top of me was what made every morning wonderful. I got to spend all day with him and see his smile and hear his laugh. I watched him sketch a picture of the forest trees as he looked out the bay window in my bedroom. It is remarkable what he can do with a pencil and paper.

Alexa and Codee visited him when he was stuck resting in bed, and I was right about him and Codee getting along. Alexa was getting pretty jealous by how close her mate was getting to Sebastian, not that I wasn't jealous, but I handled it better than Alexa did. By handled it better I mean I kept quiet in my jealousy. Alexa on the other hand bluntly expressed how much she did not like it. Not that it stopped Codee and Sebastian from cuddling up whispering to each other like they had been best friends since birth.

I loved that I got to eat every meal with Sebastian and learned that he will not go near squash of any kind, not even pumpkins. He said he can't stand the smell of pumpkins so he doesn't carve them during Halloween, and he doesn't like the taste of squashes so he doesn't go near them.

I loved that I got to fall asleep at night with Sebastian at my side, and each night he gets bolder by sleeping closer to me, he even stopped apologizing in the mornings from how close we get. Then I got to wake up with him next to me and do it all over again.

At least I did until school got in the way.

Sebastian had to go home last night so he could get ready for school today, and also so he could actually start wearing his own clothes again. I got my wish of seeing him wearing my clothes, he only wore my shirts, but he still looked absolutely adorable in them.

But I found out that he takes the bus to school every day so I told him I would be picking him up from now on, he didn't seem to have much of a problem with that. So here I am, idling outside his front gate waiting for the gates to open up to let me in.

The gate slowly opens up just as Sebastian bolts from the front door. I barely have time to put my foot on the brake before he flings the door open and jumps in.

"Hi, drive," He says quickly.

I don't even question him as I drive around the circular drive and back out the front gate that closes right after my car exits. He looks adorable dressed in his black winter coat, black beanie, and black skinny jeans. Black must be the color of today.

"Good morning," I say with a chuckle as he struggles to pull his glove off his hand. It got cold over night with a light dusting of snow on the ground.

"Oh, sorry, morning," He says as he finally yanks his glove off, only the glove flies onto the dash and he lets out a deep sigh. "I woke up late and Wanda has been grilling me about my whereabouts and Makayla has already managed to get on my nerves and I saw my parents this morning and let me tell you, they do not look pleased to see me." He says without breathing.

"I'm sorry," I say honestly. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, just having a rough morning," He replies as he snatches his glove off the dash. "How is your morning?"

Would have been better if I woke up next to Sebastian, but I guess I can settle on seeing him now. "It's going good, better now that I'm with you,"