Chapter 40

--James--

"Let's go into town today," I suggest to Sebastian as we laze on the couch flipping through channels on the T.V. "We haven't gone out in over a month,"

"Have too," Sebastian argues playfully. "We go out every time we go to school,"

I smile and hug him tighter. I rest on the couch with my back against a pillow rested on the armrest, with Sebastian leaning against my chest.

"School doesn't count because we only go there and then back to the Pack House," I chuckle before kissing the top of his head. "Let's go to the arcade, or even the mall, we could even visit Ella,"

"Ella?" Sebastian asks happily as he sits up. "We can see Ella?"

"Of course, she makes the second best cheesecake in town," I chuckle.

"Well what are you doing still sitting like a bum? Let's go!" Then he runs off, probably up to our room to put some real clothes on since all he is in is a pair of sweatpants and my shirt from last night.

I laugh as I move from the couch and make my way up to our room on the second floor.

****555****

After playing at the arcade I took him to on our first date for five hours we decided we needed some food so we headed over to Ella's bakery. My wolf started scratching at me and whimpering before the car was even parked. He wants me to go to Ella immediately, that much I'm getting from him, but I ignore him as I help a happy Sebastian out of my BMW i9.

"I'm so excited to see her!" Sebastian says happily. "I haven't seen her in months, I want to invite her to our graduation next month,"

"Well let's go then," I chuckle as I lead the way inside. The second I step inside I stop. The place is as clean and empty as every other time I've ever come in here. Only this time there is a sour smell. A smell that has my wolf whimpering inside my head.

"Wow, what is that smell?" Sebastian groans as he looks around. I gulp as my eyes automatically go to the kitchen door. I know what I'm about to find and my heart breaks for Sebastian.

"I'm so, so, sorry, Sebastian," I whisper, my voice cracking.

"What?" Sebastian asks confused as he looks up at me. "What are you apologizing for?"

I pull him into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry,"

"James, your scaring me, what's going on?" Sebastian worries.

"Goddess," I whimper. This is why my wolf wanted me to find Ella, because he knew before I did. "Stay here, please, Sebastian, stay here, don't follow me,"

"What, why, where are you going?" Sebastian asks quickly.

"I'm just going in the back, stay here, please,"

"James, what's going on?" He knows something is wrong by the way I'm acting, but I can't help it, I don't want either of us to know the truth.

"I'll let you know, just please, stay here, Sebastian," I beg.

"Okay," He whispers as he lets me go.

I give him a weak smile before I slip behind the glass counter with sweets still inside it and slip into the kitchen. The second I walk into the kitchen my breakfast tries to come back up but I gulp it back down. I knew it. I knew what I would find, I didn't know the extent of it, but I knew I would find at least one thing.

Ella dead.

I gulp as I cover my mouth and nose to try and breathe past the sour foul stench. Ella must have been here for a few days to start smelling this bad. I slowly make my way over to her. A pie lays splattered on the ground next to her, the cherry contents all over the floor and up Ella's arm. I know her leg must be broken from the odd angle it is at. She must have been bringing the pie out when she fell. I can't see her face as it is face down on the ground, but I can make out the blood on the floor meaning she probably broke her nose as well.