Chapter 32

--James--

I stop the car on the on the side of the road and unbuckle both Sebastian and I from our safety belts. Then I pull Sebastian into the backseat with me and drag the blanket on top of us. Sebastian has been ghostly silent this whole trip and I know he is holding back the dam of tears. I just have to do something about it to make him happy again, it is killing my wolf and I seeing him so upset.

Sebastian doesn't fight me as I pull his head down to my chest and lean his small body against mine. Only a second later his dam brakes and he quickly soaks my shirt. I don't mind him soiling my shirt, it is honestly the least of my worries right now. Sebastian's happiness is my priority, always will be. And if needing to let everything out through his tears will help then I will stay silent and let him have his much-needed cry.

I stay silent as I breathe in our mixed scents from his exposed neck. He smells like me from our mating mark, but he is also wearing another hoodie of mine that I left for him just last night before I went back to the Willow-Creek Pack House. It makes me smile seeing him in another hoodie of mine. He not only looks terribly fucking adorable in the oversized garment, but it wraps his delicious body in my scent.

I don't know how long I held Sebastian in my arms as I stroked one hand up and down his arm with the other hand stroking his hair in a hopefully soothing way. No traffic past us but it is understandable as we are practically in the middle of nowhere, almost to the trail in the woods for the Pack House.

"Why did you come over like that?" Sebastian whispers almost an eternity later as he sniffles. "I'm glad you did, but why?"

I pull my hand from his hair and wrap both arms around him tightly. "My wolf told me to get to you immediately. I can't really explain it, but my wolf started whimpering and growling at me and I had this sinking gut feeling that you needed me right away. That, and the way you hung up so suddenly when I called you. I knew something was wrong and I had to make sure you were safe,"

"Thank you," He whispers so quietly that if I didn't have my overly sensitive wolf ears I wouldn't have heard him.

"There's no need to thank me, Sebastian. Your safety and happiness are my number one priorities. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you, especially if I could have prevented it,"

Sebastian shifts in my arms so he can face me as he straddles my lap, the blanket falling to the back of his hips. In any other situation, I most likely would have been turned on by this position, but nothing about right now is sexual.

"No, I do need to thank you," He sniffles again and I can't help but clean the tears off his beautiful rosy red cheeks. His skin is cold to the touch, despite the car still running with the heat on full blast. I pull the blanket from his hips and rest it on his shoulders.

"Sebastian, you really don't," I try again. He only shakes his head with an adorable pout.

"If you didn't show up when you did things could have gotten out of hand. Someone could have gotten hurt,"

My grip on his hips tighten as my eyes harden. "Hurt? Someone could have gotten hurt?" I know my voice is too rough as Sebastian flinches, but I can't help it, even my wolf growls at Sebastian's words. "Sebastian you have a black eye forming, and this, what is this?" I don't mean to yank his arm like I did as I raise it in the air for him to see, he probably can't even see the marks in the dark like I can. "You got hurt, Sebastian. You are the only one I am concerned about. I couldn't give a shit if anyone else in that house besides Wanda got hurt. I only care about your safety right now, Sebastian, and you got hurt. Don't try and tell me you're not hurt because I know you are," I growl out angrily.