Chapter 17

**James**

I sit on Sebastian's bed as he sleeps with his head on my lap and my fingers playing with his hair. I am content right now. I have my mate in my arms and he is safe. My wolf and I are very content. I'm trying to decide if Sebastian really is ready to find out about me or not. I mean, we haven't even had our first kiss yet, so is he really ready to find out about my world?

Sebastian stirs in my lap but I don't stop playing with his hair. Instead I smile down at him and watch as he scrunches up his nose adorably. His eyes slowly open to reveal his dark yet somehow bright piercing blue eyes. I love his eyes so much. But then again, I love everything about Sebastian.

"James?" His voice is ruff with sleep and it only causes me to bite my bottom lip as my member stirs. Oh goddess, he is right on top of my lap too! Calm down, James!

"Hey," I say quietly.

Sebastian's eyebrows furrow as he stares up at me upside-down. He is too adorable for his own good, honestly, this boy is perfect. I smile wider as I lean down and kiss his forehead.

I hear him take in a sharp breath of air which only makes me smile as I linger my lips on his warm skin. I pull away to see his eyes closed so I start to play with his hair again.

"Why are you here? How did I get here?" He asks a minute later.

I frown as he won't open his eyes again. "Codee told me what happened,"

"What happened?" He asks. Doesn't he remember?

"She said you were crying and left the school, she also mentioned a panic attack, so naturally I had to find you to make sure you were okay,"

"How did you find me?"

"Somehow I knew you would be with Ella. I found you asleep in her lap so I brought you home," I say. He still won't open his eyes. "Sebastian, are you alright?"

He doesn't say anything which worries me. Then he suddenly sits up and turns to look at me. I gulp as he stares at me with an uncertain expression on his handsome face. He bites his bottom lip nervously.

"Sebastian, I'm worried about you, what's going on?" I really am worried about him. What is going on in that head of his?

"I'm fine," He whispers as he looks down at his hands.

"No you're not," I say as I stroke his cheek, his eyes snap up to meet my eye. "Something is bothering you, what is it?"

He looks away and pulls away from my touch, that really hurt too. Why did he pull away?

"Sebastian, please, your scaring me," My heart beats painfully against my ribcage as my wolf is deadly silent.

He looks up at me with watery eyes before looking away again. My heart breaks at seeing the unshed tears in his eyes. I quickly scoop him up until he is straddling my waist and I have his face in both of my hands. I look into his eyes and almost break entirely as a tear rolls down his cheek. I catch the tear with my thumb and wipe it away.

"Don't cry, Sebastian, please," I whimper. "Tell me what is going on,"

He doesn't say anything as he tries to pull his face from my hands but I won't allow it. I keep him facing me as I search his eyes for any clue as to what has him so sad suddenly.

"Sebastian, I might be doing this all wrong, but I have to tell you," I whisper as I press our foreheads together. "I love you, Sebastian, and seeing you crying is breaking my heart. You not talking to me is breaking my heart. I'm about to shatter, Sebastian, so please, tell me what is going on,"