Chapter 31

--Sebastian--

"You're gay?" My father finally speaks up. "But how?"

How? How what?

"W-what?" I repeat in a pathetic whisper.

"How?" My father repeats with an emotion I don't quite understand on his face. "We raised you better than that. You were to be married when you graduate. You cannot go around acting gay, Sebastian."

"Married? What are you talking about?" My voice cracks twice. Geesh, it's like I'm going through puberty again.

"Married, Sebastian," Dad groans out. His voice is deep and baritone unlike mothers high pitched shrill she usually has with me. "You were to marry Chelsea Wilkins when you graduated high school,"

"Chelsea Wilkins!" I holler. "She's fourteen years old!"

"It doesn't matter how old the girl is!" Dad shouts right back, his face turning an unattractive red. "You were to be married! You would have been separated until she turned eighteen, then after that you would have brought children to our families!"

"Children! Have you seen Chelsea!" Chelsea Wilkins is not a pretty girl, said in the nicest of words. I would rather marry a sloth than Chelsea Wilkins.

"We don't fucking care what she looks like! All we care about is bringing the next heir into the family and bringing the Wilkins family into ours! You have been betrothed to Chelsea before either of you were born!" Mother screams.

"So I'm a business deal to you both? Is that why you had me? Was I just some plan for you guys to make more money?" This actually hurts. A lot. I didn't think this would hurt as bad as it does.

"You think I wanted to ruin my perfect body just for you?" Mother seethes the word 'you'. "You were planned so our families would be better off! I never wanted to have you! Especially now that I know the truth about you!"

"You had Makayla! Makayla didn't ruin your perfect body?" I spit the word 'perfect' out. "Why can't Makayla be a part of this betrothal? The Wilkins have a son, have him engaged to Makayla!"

"You would rather be betrothed to Christopher?" Dad asks with raised brows.

"Eww, no! I don't want to marry either of the Wilkins! I will not marry either of the Wilkins! I refuse to marry anyone that you betroth me to!" I scream angrily. I can't believe they actually betrothed me to Chelsea Wilkins.

"You will marry Chelsea!" Mother screams as she takes a step towards me. "I did not go through nine fucking months of pregnancy and thirty hours of labor just for you to ruin our plans! You will marry Chelsea and you will bring children into the world! If you do not I will fucking disown you and you will not get any of the family fortune! I will sell your car and everything you own!" I have never heard my mom swear before. She must seriously be pissed to be swearing.

"Do it! I don't have a car! And I can live without everything I own because I don't own anything! So sorry that I made you suffer to bring me into this world! I am not going to marry Chelsea and I sure as fucking hell will not have children with her! And as for the family fortune, I'm sure you would have found a way to marry me off to Chelsea and cut me off from it anyway!"

"You son of a bitch! You ungrateful disgusting faggot!" Mom's face is as red as her dress.

I laugh humorlessly. "You are my mother, unfortunately! So you just admitted to being a bitch!"

"Stop it, both of you!" Dad shouts as he holds mom back by the arm. "Sebastian, think about this for a second,"

"No! I don't need to think about anything! I will not be marrying anyone but James!" Whoops.