Chapter 18

--Sebastian--

My heart thumps loudly in my ears as James holds me to him tightly. I have dreamed of James holding me like this, but I never imagined it to actually happen, even when I knew his feelings for me. It just seemed too surreal.

But here we are, on my bed, behind a closed door, cuddling like it was would be the last thing we ever do. I love this position though, honestly. I love the way James won't let me off his lap so I am forced to straddle his hips. I love how tight James' hold on my waist is, and his hand cradling my face and stroking my cheek. I love how he holds eye contact with me as we basically have a staring competition. I love this.

"Why weren't you in school?" I ask quietly. Even if he said he loves me I still fear I will be an annoyance and ask too much.

James frowns with a pout. "Well, I really did have a meeting with Principal Tyler during homeroom. And then after that I stole Alexa and Codee who helped me set up this amazing thing in the gym,"

"What amazing thing?" I ask confused and slightly hurt that I couldn't be a part of it.

James chews on his bottom lip for a second before sighing. "It was supposed to be a surprise, and Alexa is going to try and kill me now that I'm spoiling all of her hard work,"

"You don't have to tell me," I say quickly as I understand I'm not supposed to know anything about this secret rendezvous they had.

"No, no, it's okay, it'll just be a lame way of asking you out on a date now," He mutters.

"What?" I'm so confused.

"Sebastian," He strokes my cheek with his knuckles and I can't even help when my body automatically leans into the hot tingling touch. "I had a dozen roses ready for you. I even had red and white rose petals on the ground. I wanted to surprise you with it. I even had lunch set up," He says the ending with an adorable little pout.

"What are you even talking about, James?" Am I just that dumb, or what? What is he talking about? Roses?

James smiles and leans forward to kiss the tip of my nose, the action causing my heart to flutter. "I was going to ask you out on a date with a dozen roses, Sebastian. I had a corner of the gym all set up with rose petals and lunch. Although lunch wasn't going to be the date,"

"You were going to ask me out?" I ask shocked, my eyes going wide.

"Yes," James chuckles. "I sent Codee to fetch you but then she came back with only your backpack telling me you had run off crying. You scared me shitless, Sebastian, you know that?" He says with a scowl.

"I'm sorry," I whisper as I look down at my hands that are placed on his chest. If I hadn't of freaked out and had a panic attack about James not liking me back our afternoon would have turned out completely different. Although, I do rather enjoy the ending results of my freak out as it brought us to our cuddling position now. "I didn't mean to scare you, or have a panic attack,"

James shakes his head. "No, I know you didn't, Sebastian. I'm just glad you're okay. I didn't know why you were crying or having a panic attack and I thought you were hurt or something,"

I gulp down my guilt as I chew on my bottom lip. Why did I even do that? Why did I freak out about James leaving me? Why couldn't I have just sat tight and waited? Sure, James could still leave me in the future, but for right now he's with me, right now I don't need to worry about that.

Besides, for some unknown creepy reason I know James would never leave me. I can't explain how I know, but something is telling me that James will stay by my side. Something is telling me to stop worrying and just trust James. Trust that James is the one for me and that he really truly loves me as I love him.