Chapter 38

--James--

I hear Sebastian's heart slow inside his chest as Wanda presents herself to him. I listen closely to his breathing and heart to make sure he doesn't have some kind of attack. Sebastian having an attack is the last thing I want to happen.

"Hello, Sebastian," Wanda says with a cheerful smile.

Sebastian's heart suddenly picks up inside his chest and he lets out a whimper before he flings himself at the woman.

"Oh my god!" Sebastian screams and I'm pretty sure everyone in the house heard him. "You're here! You're really here! What are you doing here?"

"James brought me here. I'm actually surprised it didn't take much convincing to get me to quit too,"

"You quit?" Sebastian hollers as he practically squeezes the life out of Wanda. "That's great! I'm so happy for you, Wanda!"

"Sebastian, honey, I'm happy to see you too, but could you maybe let me breathe just a bit?" Wanda wheezes out.

Sebastian only squeezes her tighter so I decide to rescue her by pulling my happy mate away. Sebastian flips in my arms so we are facing and he tightly wraps his arms around me.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He hollers in my ear. I can't help but cringe away from the loud noise. "Oh! I'm so sorry, James," He whispers more quietly into my ear.

"It's alright, as long as you enjoy your present," I chuckle as I hug him back.

"Oh, I do, I really do, thank you, James," He says as he loosens his grip on me. "Can I talk to Wanda now?"

I pout but nod my head and let him go anyway. Wanda is his other Christmas present, and they have been friends for years, so it's only right that I let Sebastian have his time with her.

"I'm surprised you recognized that cheesecake as mine, Sebastian, that was very good of you," Wanda comments as her and Sebastian have a proper hug this time.

"Only you can make cheesecake so yummy, Wanda, trust me. Next to you is Ella, you two could put any cook and baker to shame. Oh, you guys could open a restaurant together!" Sebastian says happily. "You could cook and show Ella your wicked recipe for cheesecake, and then she can bake everything else while you two become the best-known restaurant in town! No! In all the states!"

I hear Wanda laughing as Sebastian drags her out of the kitchen, probably to show her around. I have such a cute mate. I sigh sadly once they are gone and plop down in the chair Sebastian was just in in front of the cheesecake he only took one bite out of.

"Well, wasn't that nice of ye'," I hear Alexa say.

I glance up from the cheesecake to see Alexa, Lyall, and the Alpha's oldest, Sage, coming toward me. I haven't talked to either boy for a while now. I talked to Lyall during Thanksgiving break, but Sage I haven't seen around much. I wonder what Sage has been up to and if he's training to be Alpha already, I've trained my whole life to take over my father's position.

"Hey guys," I mutter.

"Aw come on, don't look so glum," Alexa says dramatically as she plops herself in the chair across from me. "Isn't it just nice to see ya' mate happy?"

"Yeah, and I never said I was sad," I grumble.

"But ya' look sad," Alexa counters. "Now, we were just passin' through, but I guess we could cheer ya' up instead,"

"Wow, thanks, Alexa, and I'm sorry to bother you so you have to go out of your way," I say sarcastically.

"That sarcasm is not appreciated, big guy," Alexa says with a growl.