Chapter 8

**Sebastian**

James took us to the park after our cheesecake desert where we spent a good four hours. James pushed me on the swing for quite some time before I returned the favor. Then I got a text message around seven thirty from both my parents telling me to get home, I even got a few from Wanda asking if I was okay which I replied immediately that I was with a friend. I know Wanda is going to ask about James later because she knows I don't have friends....

When I got home mom and dad flipped out on me, with Makayla crying on the couch of course. Makayla told them that I just randomly started calling her a slut and whore in the middle of class for no reason. I didn't tell them the truth, though, they always take her side instead of mine.

So I sat there not talking, just staring at the wall blankly trying not to cry. I didn't tell them how Makayla started it first and how she started spouting off lies about me. I didn't tell them how Makayla is the slut, she is the whore. She is sixteen and fucks every guy she sees practically. I'm seriously surprised she hasn't gotten caught yet, or at least pregnant or some type of disease. I didn't tell them a thing. I just let them yell at me, telling me how they will kick me out if I keep upsetting and lying about Makayla. Because Makayla is their 'baby girl', it's funny how I have never been their 'baby boy'.

When they finally let me go sometime around midnight I cried myself to sleep early into the morning. Why can't my parents love me like they love Makayla? They don't even know that I am gay but I know that if they ever find out they will definitely hate me even more. Just another reason for them to want me gone so badly.

So I cried about how my parents hate me for probably even existing. I cried about calling Makayla a slut and whore in front of everybody even though it was true. I cried about how Makayla took both of my parents from me. I cried about being gay. And I cried about liking James. How can I like James when my parents will definitely hate me and kick me out if they find out about him?

So here I am the next day, sitting in the bathroom at school crying again. I can't seem to get my tears under control, no matter how hard I try. A throbbing starts behind my eyes and spreads until it is a raging headache in the back of my head that feels like my head is going to split in two. I feel exhausted since I probably only got two hours of sleep at the most, and plus, crying takes a lot out of a person.

The bell for homeroom rings but I ignore it as I continue to cry and hold my pounding head. I don't know how long I sat there crying and holding my head. I only got up when I couldn't cry anymore and I felt like I was going to pass out. So I splashed freezing cold water onto my face to try and wake me up a bit and turn to look in the mirror.

The tips of my hair are now wet from splashing water on my face, the rest of my dirty blond hair is a mess, it almost looks like bed hair. I swear I did brush my hair today. My face is flushed and red and my blue eyes are bloodshot and shining. I look like a mess honestly but there really isn't much I can do so I reluctantly walk to first period even though I already know I am totally late.

The second I open the door to Astronomy everyone looks at me. Mrs. Chapman stares at me for a moment before she opens her mouth. "Mr. Porter, are you okay?" She asks.

I turn my tired and heavy eyes to her, I don't even have the strength to nod my head. "Yeah," My voice cracks.

"Are you sure?" She asks. "Because this is second period now, not first,"

I glance at the class and realize this is in fact not my Astronomy class. "Oh, sorry," I mumble before turning on my heel and heading to the office.

If this is second period I will need a tardy slip for Mrs. Bruce. The receptionist in the office barely glances at me as she writes out my tardy slip. Then I slowly make my way to Creative Writing class. I swear I'm about to fall over in exhaustion.